In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Not to be left out: Henry Rifles RECALL notice

Comments

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,933 ✭✭✭✭

I love my little .22 Henry rifle

• Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭✭

In my opinion these recalls are getting out of hand. The lawyers are getting rich. (The camp Lejuene lawsuit gives the client roughly 1/3 of the settlement according an article in VFW magazine). In the end, the consumer pays a higher price for the product because a very few misuse and abuse it through ignorance and carelessness. Being a very senior senior citizen, I cannot recall a recall (get It?) in the 50's. Julie loved her little Pinto! My old '92 winchester doesn't have a safety, but my new one does. Some dummy's thumb slipped and big W. decided to put hammer locks on their levers. I recently read where a mother is sueing McDonalds because she, the mother dropped a hot chicken Mc Nugget on her four year old's leg. Did she do this on purpose?????? Hmmmmm. Perhaps she remembered the hot coffee incident and thought "hey, these nuggets don't have a warning on them, maybe, just maybe".

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******

Well, I think a gun firing when you don't pull the trigger is a pretty important safety recall. YMMV.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I had one in 22lr. JMO but they are pot metal, not sure of the centerfire ones but they are a budget gun at best, like the pot metal ruger and the rough rider.

You want a 45-70 lever gun get a Marlin or a Browning, an older one.

RLTW

• Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

“Budget gun?” Man, I must be poorer than I thought, because I think Henrys are pretty darn nice!

Interestingly, I haven’t heard of too many Henry .22s blowing out their Zamak receivers.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I will say that my Steel Carbine Side Gate. 44mag lever action, is definitely not "Pot Metal." 😂

It's built like a tank. It is also Extremely well made.

I consider it one of my nicest firearms.

(But) Hey, it's Really Simple.

Don't like them, don't buy one.

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Hey it is simple I don't one and don't want one.

Like I said they just don't seem to have the quality other offerings do.

YMMV

RLTW

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

They are pretty good rifles, but Sam is correct. The receiver cover is just that, and it covers up an old design that Ithaca used to sell as their model 72 which were made for Ithaca by Erma Werke in Germany. Except for replacing a brass cover, which Henry sent me free, I don't remember ever having trouble with one. They are good rifles but are made with a cheaper design than say a Marlin 39A which is why they also cost much less. And yes Ken, the center fire rifles are of a completely different design.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I have ONLY handled their Centerfire Rifles. I handled a .357 Octagon barreled lever action, being received a few years ago at my LGS. The receiver was nice enough to let me handle/hold it. I was extremely impressed and knew I would own one of their rifles someday.

Never heard the "Pot Metal" moniker thrown out on a Henry Firearm. (But) Then again, I've never handled a Henry Golden Boy, or other rimfire offering either.

I like the Company, their focus, their "Made In America or Not At All," philosophy and pretty much everything else about them.

(Again) Don't like them, don't buy one.

*Glad we can agree on that Sam06.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭

Actually I heard on the radio that this the same lady that sued McDonalds for the coffee spill.