In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Jury Duty

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

AGAIN🤬. Our sleepy little town is where 4 counties come together. I always get pulled for Camden, which if anyone knows about it, is one of the most dangerous cities in the country. Population is about 95% Black and Hispanic. Every time they pull me in and ask if I have an open mind about serving, I have no problem with it. It is my civic duty, but I really don't want to do it. I have sat on two murder trials, and both times they worked out a plea deal, right before we went back to deliberate. That really stunk for this one lady. She was a domestic abuse victim that had enough . She got four years. We were going to vote not guilty. The other one was a gang slaying. Guy was guilty as heck and we were going to hang his butt. The biggest problem with this jury duty, is the timing. It is the day before my nieces wedding in Pittsburg. I am going to try to get out of this one. I am definitely not showing up. I wouldn't miss this wedding for anything. She is my favorite niece.

Comments