In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oldest Son Turns 49 Today

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

Remembering that he was nearly a month overdue when he was born and weighed in at 9 3\4 pounds! Was lying beside my wife sleeping in the wee hours of the night when her water broke! I must have ran at least 3 red lights on the way to the hospital! Never a cop around when you could have used one! In those days, us dads to be just sat around in the waiting room where there were ash trays next to every chair!

Scotty turned out to be well chosen from above to be our #1. He has always been there for both my wife and I, along with his younger brothers during all the good times and bad! I sure am proud of that young man!!

Comments

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭

True blessings

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,353 ***** Forums Admin

Good kids are your reward for raising them right. Happy BD to your son.

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭

That sounds like just how my daughter started out. I was sound asleep then suddenly I was all wet on my right side. The first thing that came to mind was that I peed myself, but my shorts were dry. Then my wife woke up and said "MY WATER BROKE". Then we got up and got dressed and headed for the hospital. Back in 1971 the procedure was to let Dad worry in the waiting room until they got darn good and ready to let me get involved.

Then they finally brought my daughter out and I got to hold her for the first time. I didn't really pay attention to the nurse until I was ready to hand over Michelle back to her. Then I realized that she was a year ahead of me in high school. So we chatted for a few minutes before she disappeared back to where she came from.

That was over 52 years ago. I still can't get over the fact that she is that old. Hell, I can't even believe that I'm 74.

Joe

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,992 ******

Happy birthday to your son.

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday Scotty!

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,345 ******

Wish your son a happy birthday from Texas!

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,673 ✭✭✭✭

He sounds wonderful.....give him a big hug from me. Happy Birthday!

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭

My oldest turned 40 last summer; he was also 9-3/4 lbs and breech. Doc just shook his head and scheduled C-section. Back then it was general anesthesia so when they brought Drew to the nursery all he wanted to do was go back to sleep.

"Fescue" was two-weeks early -- he was already over 9 pounds and Sunshine's blood pressure went up.

Raising her blood pressure was something Fescue was good at.🙄