In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hi

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

I know its been awhile. Took time off for Lent. Afterward I have been so busy I haven't had time to do much of anything online except pay bills. Those never stop.

Catch up time. I have three hives of bees going with one ready to have the honey harvested. One goat is hugely pregnant and should pop any day. All told I have ten at the moment.

Bought some ducks and more chickens. Older new chickens moved from the house to the small coop to the larger chicken area. Came across some Amercaunas. Had to have some so I have four small ones still in the house until they are large enough to go outside. They need feathers to be fully formed. Once they reach that stage they will go outside to the small coop.

Youngest grandson turns one this weekend.

Camper is prepped to be towed to my river property for the summer. Boat prep is next on the "to do" list.

Got in some turkey hunting, notice I said hunting, not killing. Called some up close enough to hear them gobble, but never close enough to see them.

Thought checking my bees while decked out in turkey hunting attire would be a good idea since I was covered head to toe and had netting over my face and neck. One little stinger found its way in between net and face so suffered an above the eye sting that made me look like I had gone a few rounds with Mr. Ali. Another life lesson learned. They can see you in camo and they can find the smallest opening to let you know to leave them alone.

We had a long wet spell that has now turned into a long dry spell.

Kids in northwest Arkansas and I have an agreement that I visit once a month. So far in the past four weeks I have been there twice and going again this weekend. We see how well that plan has been working.....

Next weekend two of the kids and their families are joining me in St. Louis for a Cardinals baseball game and a weekend of activities in the area.

Son's football team has made the playoffs. Traveled to Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana to watch him play this year.

So, how has everyone been doing?

Comments