In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Soooo what about the arm braces at this time

roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in General Discussion

Do we have an update on ATF Stance on arm braces?

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a PMR-30 recently from a well know Mail Order Co. I noticed and scratched my head, that they were offering AR Pistols with an "Arm Brace." (?)

I was left confused. (?)

• Options
    PatriotConradBatesPatriotConradBates Member Posts: 2

As of last night, there was another injunction filed on behalf of another gun owners group. Firearms Policy Coalition, 2nd Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America as well as customers of Maxim Defense are all exempt from the brace decision. MrGunsandGear has been doing updates regularly. https://youtu.be/JnwJYvlhEKo

• Options
    Butchdog3Butchdog3 Member Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭

Still cornfused a bit.

I receive a email from ATF stating that one must do any one of several things to not become a felon it they possessed a fire arm with a brace. May 31 was deadline, Next day here comes headlines stating the law had been challenged and was put on hold. Any ones guess is as good as mine.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Removed the brace from the only one I owned and threw it away. I have had a new 16" upper in the trunk of my car for a couple of weeks. I will just stick that on the receiver and have another AR rifle I guess.