In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone else having trouble deleting draft messages?

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭

I typed out a reply to a thread and posted it and then later when I looked at the thread again I saw my post but at the bottom the text of the post was still in the window where you type things. It shows up in my drafts folder but I can't delete it. I've hit the DELETE in the upper right corner multiple times and it just takes me back to the thread. There used to be a little X up there and when you hit it the draft would go away. Not no more!

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭

Last night I mentioned a user in my post, got a similar user on accident and couldn't delete it and had to ask for help 🆘

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭✭

I've deleted a few since the "DELETE" button showed up to replace the "X". No issues so far.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******

I find myself often writing a post to a thread and before I post it, decide it has no value or interest. It then will just sit there until I go over to the Draft folder on the right for a long while before I go there and delete it.

No problems getting rid of those unpublished posts but they sometimes do stack up to quite a few and can be over a long time period.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,997 ******
    edited June 2023

Yes, I have had the same thing happen to me. I found to hit delete and give it a minute or so instead of repeatedly hitting delete. Like there is a lag time for it to take.

There is still work in progress of the forums, such as new banner ads, profile analytics. I chalk it up to just that, part of work in progress.

@NeoBlackdog

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭

I get the 'work in progress' thing and fully support it. The problem is that this was a regress, the little X used to work just dandy. Now when I hit delete (once) it takes me back to the thread that the draft was written for and shows the draft text. Most times the post I was writing actually posted but it still shows up as a draft.

I guess they'll figger it out... Or not!

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

Just tried an experiment and it worked fine for me. Did a save draft on this topic and when I went to my draft listing and hit the delete key, it was gone in 3 seconds. I did screw up and hit the back arrow and the draft popped back up. Hitting the delete key again gave me a draft not found message though. Used the general discussion tab and got back here with no drafts listed under the quick links. So, all good here. Bob