In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where can you find information on Webley Revolvers?

scubadawgscubadawg Member Posts: 1

I have a Webley Mark VI revolver in .445 caliber. It has a lot of proof marks and is not one that has the cylinder cut down to accommodate .45s with moon clips. Serial numbers match. I'd like to find out a little history on the gun as well as trying to figure out value. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Google away. Lots of info available.

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there is a book written on the history of Webley Revolvers. And any book on military arms will have a description of the Mk VI but probably not much detail. Good luck.

• Options
    heinieheinie Member Posts: 1

Do a favor for yourself and the rest of us by avoiding Google. I would recommend that you try DuckDuckGo for your searches. Enter "British Military Handguns" and you will find a forum with discussion of Webleys on Gunboards and several others.

Google/Youtube have a long track record of extreme pro left wing and anti-firearm bias. Google also tracks, records and narrows your searches, profiles you, and sells your information to any company willing to pay. Not my idea of a good corporate citizen!