In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can't see your pistol sights??

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

These tritium night sights are Ameriglow which is owned by Trijicon. They both make these sights. The "U" shaped rear and the big orange dot with the tritium dot in the center really make a big difference for my old eyes. They are fast to acquire day or night. They make them for Glocks, and Berettas, and some other guns as well.

Comments

• Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭✭

I've had a few guns with night sights.

Trijicons lasted quite a while past their expiration date, albeit dimmer.

Some others didn't even last for the warranty to be up before they stopped glowing altogether.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭

I've never had tritium night sites that were worth having.

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

My new handgun has them. This is the first time I ever had these sights. I like yours better. What I like is, the offsetting orange on the front. Makes your eyes hone in on it better, especially for older eyes like mine.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭

My Glock 22 (.40 cal.) "Police Trade In," came with Trijicon Night Sights.

My new Kel-Tec PMR30, came with "Hi-Viz Sight Systems," optics. Very Nice. 👍

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭✭

I have night sights on a couple Sig P226s, a 9 mm and a .40. They help a lot when I shoot marauding c o o n s tearing up my deck stuff at night.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭

Just looked at my Glock 22, it has the same sights you are showing Ricci. 👍😁

I still prefer/like the "Hi-Viz Sight System sights," on my Kel-Tec PMR30. (Very nice.) Includes a tool and replaceable rods with White, Green and Red. (All included.) You choose.

It comes with two rear red rods and a green front rod.

If it comes down to nightime use, I'll have light, in my off hand.

*Currently looking at a couple small, forend mounted lights to mount to handguns.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭

I mostly use lasers, but have found most of the laser grips for revolvers are junk. Meanwhile, back at the range, my eyes aren't gettin' younger. I need a 30 round revolver like Roy had so I can spray and pray.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I sold a lot of handgun lasers; all Crimson Trace and I only remember having trouble with one and they took care of it right away. I never sold the Laser Max. I have seen them come apart inside a pistol and lock the gun up. Sig used to include one of their lasers with certain gun packages and they were pure junk.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting Ricci. I certainly respect your judgement and experience, but my experience with Crimson Trace is the reverse of yours.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,735 ******

Do they work if you hold the gun sideways, gangsta style?

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,102 ******

Like the looks of those.

We have night sights on several pistols and like them

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

I have no problem seeing them.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life