In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Peep sight question

kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭

What is the specific name for iron sights that use a open/peep style sight on both the rear AND front in which the intent is to focus on the target?

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Front and rear aperture sights?

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭✭

Receiver sights?

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure there is a specific name. Dual aperture usually refers to a rear sight that has a second flip up aperture, usually of different size or set for a different range. Enclosed front sights can be hooded or a globe style with changeable inserts. I have had target rifles with that system and they were advertised as a target receiver sight plus globe front sight. Bob

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,981 ✭✭✭✭

My Accura is mounted with Williams precision sights. The rear is called an aperture sight, the front is called a globe sight, which is not unlike a Winchester hooded site. It has targeting inserts, and can be set up with fiber optic inserts.

• Options
    JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

I have always referred to such a setup as tang and globe sights. But if you want a specific name, I guess tangandglobe will work. 🙂