In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Coonskin cap in the making ,,,,,,

forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭

Raccoon rehab lady stopped by my daughters to re-bait her traps and discovered two ‘kits’ ,,,,,,, eyes still closed.

Daughter didn’t find any humor in my ‘coonskin cap’ title ,,,,,,,, 🤣

Comments

• Merlinnv12Merlinnv12 Member Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭✭

I have made a few caps out of roadkill raccoons. Just gotta get 'em when they’re reasonably fresh. Even did a coonskin rug that one of my labs thought was a toy! Would skin them and send the hides off to get tanned. Didn’t want to try that procedure myself.

“What we’ve got here, is, failure to communicate.”
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭

She would have hated it if you offered to Baptize them in the local pond. ☹️

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,607 ******

Several years ago, after the long winter months it was time to take the cover off of my deck boat in preparation for the fun on the water season. To my surprise, I found a big mamma Raccoon had very recently delivered 6 baby kits and I had just interrupted her in nursing mode! She was more startled than I and took off like a bullet, leaving her young'uns wiggling about on the boats carpeted floor.

About all I could do was to carefully pick them up (I put gloves on) and place them together in the woods that was close to where I had the boat parked. I had hoped mamma would come back and take care of them. She sure did!! A day later I found that she had returned and killed them.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 25,028 ✭✭✭✭

cute little buggers mother nature sure gave them the looks to save there life more times than not .

my wife has posted them off limits to my population control. . but than again every thing that wonders into the yard she is their savor

with that said I still send the bad ones on ahead

• Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭✭

That is just too cute.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams