In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A New Way To Achieve Civilian Disarmament

Comments

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,362 ******

Interesting, thanks HPD.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

It's a horrible horrible ruling. I can't even imagine what sort of olympian logical leaps they used to formulate their reasoning.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

The problem is that there is no logical leap to make that type of ruling other than in the Judge's mind.

The commercial and private sale of firearms took place when the Constitution was written and has continued from that day until the 1934 Fire Arms Act thus it is covered under the Bruen ruling.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

True, but beyond being a 2A issue (which, if you can't buy or sell guns commercially you axiomatically can not keep or bear them), commercial sale of ANYTHING is outlined under several main-body constitutional clauses. The commerce clause for interstate sale, being the primary one. But lately, I am prone to arguing more that even if a right isn't specifically enumerated in BOR 1-8, it is and should be argued under #9, with a simple showing of free exercise of that right. Most attorneys don't have the time (nor are granted the money) to spend arguing every point, so they just use the "put our best foot forward" method and then scramble when that one gets shot down.

And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain