In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Under 21 May No longer Purchase Firearms from FFL's in Colorado

hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭

Important Update For FFLs in Colorado

Effective Monday August 7, 2023, individuals under the age of 21 may no longer purchase firearms from Federal Firearms Licensees, in Colorado. Pending litigation is challenging this measure in which a Motion for a Temporary Restraining Order (“TRO”) has been filed. If the US District Court for the District of Colorado does not grant the measure the law will go into effect Monday. Should the Court grant the TRO the effective date will be pushed back for a yet to be determined period of time during which it is expected a Motion for a Preliminary Injunction would be filed to stay the law indefinitely until litigation on the matter is concluded.

SB23-169 will prohibit anyone under the age of 21 from purchasing a gun. Exceptions are made for active members of the United States armed forces, peace officers, and those who are certified by the Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) board.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron

Comments

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭

Yep. I live in a State that insists on pandering to the woke agenda at every opportunity. What was once a great state has become nothing more than another place where the Constitution goes to die.

It appears my participation in local protests did not have the 2A effect I wished for.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options

I lived in Colorado years ago in my Army days and it was a great State.

I have two sisters that are there now. There only concern is some thing for home pertection and to keep the critters out (they have had Bears in the property..

One BIL collects fun stuff. I've had to send him some " pre ban magazine" s for his collection."

Thought I would like to move back, but I've got a ball and chain holding me here. LOL

KY is a Great place to be. I've got Friends in Oregon that are ready to move when they retire in a few years.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

But, they can vote and be conscripted at 18 and DEMOCRATs keep attempting to lower the voting age to 16.

Irony has it, you can vote and join the services where you handle and be in charge of the most lethal weapons up to and including nukes, but you cant buy a .22 rifle in DEMOCRAT Colorado.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭

Monday 21, next week 31, next year? It all starts with a little chip guys.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭

Yup, Colorado used to be a great state. But now with all the woke liberals in charge of everything, it is starting to out-California, California.

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭

For me personally.....I feel that they've done their best to run/keep hunters out of the state since the mid 1970's.

Just my 2 cents......as usual.

• Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭

I hope this gets challenged and overturned in court. The double standards and constitutional infringements in this country are so out of hand it's not even funny.

• Options

It won't. Colorado is softer than a memory foam mattress when it comes to anything that goes against the woke mob.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭

Commierado is following the lead of Commiefornia.

I worked in Colorado the summer of 2010 and the writing was plainly on the wall even then.

• Options

A governor who has any sense would see that no city has ever curbed violence by being soft on crime and tough on the Constitution.

A governor who cared about the State would see that Colorado is represented by everything outside of Denver. No one moves here because Denver is such a great city. They move here because of the mountains and everything you can do in the outdoors.

But, our governor is only concerned with pandering to whatever is trending. Just like so many others that have jumped on the anti-2A bandwagon.

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭

Take your son hunting and most likely you will never have to visit him in prison. As usual feel good legislation to just make things worse. What's a youngster to do? Make a sling shot i guess. ------------------Ray

• Options

August 7 2023

Earlier today the Federal District Court for the District of Colorado issued a preliminary injunction against Colorado SB 169 in the case Rocky Mountain Gun Owners v. Polis. From the Court: “ORDERED that the defendant and his officers, agents, servants, employees, and all persons in concert or participation with them who receive notice of this preliminary injunction are enjoined, effective immediately, from enforcing SB23-169. ORDERED that this preliminary injunction shall remain in effect pending disposition of the case on the merits.”  This means that until litigation is concluded, Colorado residents over the age of 18 may continue purchasing rifles and shotguns from Federal Firearms Licensees. 

• Options
    slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Under 21 can buy long gun in Nevada with a ten day wait.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭

Colorado is lost.

Transplants from out of state have apparently infected the locals with their idiocy.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

Colorado, like Washington and Oregon are ruled by liberal cesspools in the big cities and they torment the conservatives in the outlying areas with their banality. All three are lost to the woke-idiots.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

I couldn't have said it better. Colorado has fallen victim to woke pandering and politicians with their own agenda rather than the agenda of the people. Denver rules the state because is has the most voters. But outside of Denver, the attitude is hardly "roll over and show your belly" when it comes to dealing with criminals. Too bad our "fabulous" governor can't see that thru his rainbow colored glasses.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I am a firm advocate, that you can not/should not, have it both ways. If they want to do that, then change the age to pay taxes, Register for Selective Service to 21 also etc.

You are either an "Adult," at that age, (with ALL the Rights that entails) Or you are Not. You/They should NOT be entitled to pick and choose what Rights apply.