In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ford F150 power boost hybrid

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,538 ✭✭✭✭

Any of you guys have one or know someone who has one? I am seriously considering getting one and would like some input from a current owner

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,367 ******

I don't and wouldn't.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure about the new ones, but Consumers Report says the 2022 model was the least reliable vehicle made that year. Bob

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,971 ✭✭✭✭

Comment retracted. Not a FORD guy and definitely not a 'hybrid' guy.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,538 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that heads up.. The on line "reviewers" have written glowing words about them. But, after what you showed me I think I will stick with just the 3.5 EcoBoost for this purchase.

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭

No, No and NO!!!!!!!!!! Had fords my whole life, until I bought my first Dodge two years ago. Every Ford I ever owned, had nothing but engine problems. I will pay for the gas and keep this 8 speed transmission with a Hemi!!!. Did I mention that this thing has a HEMI!!!!!!!!!!

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,968 ******

Does it have a Big Horn?😁

• 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭✭

Hope i am not hi-jacking your topic. Sometimes Consumers Report can be hit or miss.

When S80 Volvo came out in 1999 and also 2000 it had some electrical problems. Consumers did a real hatchet job on the cars problems that too me were correctable and carried over into later year models and ruining resale value. I had a 2001 S80 T6 that was without a doubt the best car I ever owned in my 80 years. T6 had a bullet proof engine.

My wife had knee operations and a stroke so she gave up driving and I sold car on Craigslist. Fella and his wife in brewery business drove all the way from Syracuse on other side of state to look at car. Husband crawled all over car and left to go to ATM machine for cash. Came back in about 15 minutes and paid me in cash almost three times book value of car. Came back in about a week and they drove car home.

Pictures of car were taken couple days before it was sold at age 13 years old. Sometimes you have to take Consumers with a grain of salt. ---------------------------Ray

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,900 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

The F-150 powerboost hybrid is awesome. I wish it was an option on a Ford Expedition because I would certainly own one instead of my Yukon XL.

It is not a plug in, but gives you fuel economy when driving and can provide electrical power when you get to where you’re going.

I spent the weekend at 24hrs of Daytona & my friend parked right next to me has a Powerboost F150.

It ran his AC all night, both days while he slept in his truck (which is what you do at that race…)

edited September 2023

I found a 3.5l ecoboost that I think I am going to buy next week.. I have a nephew who works for Ford Manufacturing so I will get a PIN number through him for the A Plan price...

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,607 ✭✭✭✭

I've been impressed with the 3.5 Ecoboost. The truck moves! I have to be careful or I'll find myself doing 75mph+ on the 2 lanes 55mph roads around here.

Wyoming a few months ago:

Pulled this U-Haul trailer like it wasn't there on the way home from WY.

I'm currently debating adding some 35 inch tires to the F150. I bought a set of 4, 2 week old, Hercules TIS OR tires (made by Cooper tires) from a friend. I was going to put them on my Jeep. However, I think they will go on the F150 instead. The 33 inch Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires that are on it now will go on my Toyota 4Runner that I'm planning on selling soon.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

I bought a new 2015 F-150 XLT Ford Ecoboost w/twin turbos. I only have about 22,000+ miles on it, but it has been absolutely reliable without any issues. Except for 1 tire that blew out with a piece of wood in it. I get 21.5 MPG with my lead foot. This thing will set you back in the seat when you pass somebody. The turbos kick in and it downshifts 1 or 2 gears and away you go.

I've been very happy with it. And I take it to the dealer for servicing.

Joe

I am all over the board.. I know I want a King Ranch 4x4 with the 601A option, the chrome option, max trailer option, 7.2 kW power pack and a few more options but I am now going back and forth on the 3.5L ecoboost or the 3.5L hybrid power boost.

Great thing is the new 2023 have a 36 month at 1.9% APR.. That is cheap money these days

edited September 2023

Couple things I really like about my 2019 Platinum:

The tailgate step is really handy and makes getting into the bed easy.

Heated and cooled massaging front seats plus the heated steering wheel. I've never had a heated steering wheel before and it is really nice on a cold day.

36 gal tank - love having that range.

The locking rear differential works in all drive modes - 2wd, 4A, 4 High, and 4Low.

Dislikes:

I probably should've held out for a little longer bed, 5ft bed is kind of small but I find with the tri-fold hard tonneau cover I can stick long things up over the tailgate.

No locking gas tank door.

I would've preferred tan leather of the King Ranch over the Reddish Brown leather of the Platinum.

No sunroof - which I'm ok with.

I probably should've held out for a Dark Gray F150 over the Silver. Oh well, the silver hides the dirt better.

My modifications so far:

Rancho 2.75 inch leveling lift with upper control arms. The ride got harsher and I'm contemplating going back to the spongy Ford shocks.

Ford Raptor 17 inch wheels with 33 inch Falken Wildpeak AT 3W tires.

A Talon Garage transmission / cat converter skid plate. Oil changes are a pain but I use a local shop who also installed the skid plate for me.

• love2shootlove2shoot Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Do you realize 3.5 liter is 213.6 cubic inches? Back in time that was a less than tiny 6 cylinder engine!

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭✭

You guys have nice trucks.My newest pick up is almost 20 years old.

twin turbo boosts it to 400 horses same as the v8. with the hybrid option the v6 goes to over 430 ponies and 570 ft. # torque.

edited September 2023

Very nice......