In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HeDog "Don't Take Your Guns to Town, Son..."

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,282 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭

My Military Veteran Brother and his Wife, live in Farmington, NM. (Extreme NW part of the State.) So, I follow what goes on there. It's just sad. Not for me, although beautiful country. (I have lived out that way, before.)

As an aside, My Son and his longtime Girlfriend moved from CO about a year ago, because "It was becoming too Liberal." Where did they move to?

Wait for it.

MA. to be near his Mom. 🙄 1st thing he had to do? Register his Firearms (specifically) with the State. Made me angry.

I also told him, "You realize that now, you can not own about 75%+ of what is in my Safe, that I was going to leave you??" 😬

He/they are going to get my house also, so maybe he will be smart enough (?) to move down here to a Free State. (TN)

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry Governor, the old saga about restricting legal, respectable people from defending themselves & others in favor of criminals.

AP "Albuquerque police Chief Harold Medina said he won’t enforce it, and Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said he’s uneasy about it because it raises too many questions about constitutional rights."

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

Liberalism is like a cancer, and free states as I’ve heard them called are not immune from this cancer. I read that article this morning and just shook my head. They like to use the word, (root cause) but have no idea of what it is. They say it’s the gun when it isn’t. It’s gangs, drugs, no punishment for criminals, illegals treaded as honored House guests, and no respect for the constitution what so ever. The sad part is law enforcement will enforce this stupid whim she came up with.

• Options
    edited September 2023

"Molon Labe" (As stated above.)

Come and take them.

I live in a Free State. That did not happen by accident.

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Nice that Grisham exempts Police/Security who have no obligation to protect "We the people" only themselves per US Supreme Court.

Wonder how long before NY Governor Hochul jumps on same "Public Health Bandwagon". She is also very good at spitting in the US Supreme Courts face. Most rank and file SP in NY laughed so hard at original seven round Safe Act limit that their 15 round Glocks fell out of holsters.

Bet the gun owners in NM don't feel good about her "Feel Good Legislation".

"Molon Labe" ------------------------------Ray

• Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭✭

As jim Deere said "Molon Labe"

• Options

Bob, I have come to the conclusion that our only hope is that "Common Sense" will reign supreme.-----------Ray

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭

I was carrying before she was elected. As for Medina saying he won't enforce it, that is the first intelligent thing he has ever said.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

She is a DEMOCRAT, therefore she does not believe the in Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights.

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,850 ✭✭✭✭

I love New Mexico and have slent alot if time there.

I honestly don’t think I have met one person out there who will comply with such a law.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭

Albuquerque police chief said he will not enforce the order. Good for you sir

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

Grisham is a career politician.

While in congress she cosponsored the Assault Weapon Ban, H. R. 4269, introduced on December 12, 2015.

Nothing more than a liberal democrat choosing to ignore the rights of the people she is suppose to be serving

• Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

Just met couple of families that a related to each other that made a big move from MA to Okla.

I asked why the move to Okie land.

They indicated it getting worse than Bravo mentioned.

Had to get out because mainly we like guns and hunting AND ALSO do not want to raise our kids in the MA environment. (and do not like the MA schools way of teaching (brainwashing)

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭✭

If we do not contribute to a solution, we will be added to the list of victims.

Ant that's the truth. You can't say it any better or any more clear than that.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭

@He Dog wrote:

"We have a cultural problem, we did not cause and do not want, but which will affect us, If we do not contribute to a solution, we will be added to the list of victims."

Truer words were never spoken.

• Options
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,977 ✭✭✭✭

You can read?🤓

• Options
    edited September 2023

Professional politician. Incrementation is her MO. She knows this would never wash on a large scale. A little piece at a time. She will plant the seed to see if it will grow. Public Health risk!!!!!!!!!!! Next they will be issuing ammo to the CDC. Enforcement, Ask the Superintendent of State Police in NY how many AR style rifles never got registered.------------------------------Ray

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Agree, we need to come up with a solution, but one that comes from the right and not follow the narrative of the left.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, the left (DEMOCRATs) destroy everything they get involved in either thru the courts, thru outright legislation, or dominance of media and public education.

For those who doubt me: The left (DEMOCRATs) are now allowing "Biological Males" to compete in women's sports, thus an institution that has been with us since ancient Greece is on a fast forward path of annihilation.

• Options

U.S. District Judge David Urias granted a temporary restraining order to block the governor's suspension of Gun Rights. Ironic that he was appointed by Seepy Joe but the judge felt compelled to follow the Constitution.

Like i mentioned previously Grisham has planted the seed and is testing her authority. NM is a open carry state. ---------Ray

• Options
    MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

The Governor has no authority to suspend the constitution. She should be arrested.

There is no need to take it any farther and thus legitimize her criminal acts. That is the problem with the USA, too many lawyers who don't know squat.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,466 ***** Forums Admin
  • Options
    Gunnut358Gunnut358 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭

You can't make bad people harmless by making good people helpless. I don't recall who coined that phrase, but I wish I did. I sure seem to use it a lot lately.