In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another debate tonight

Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭

Will the moderators sit Pence and Swamy next to one another so they can punch one another?

Will DeSantis say anything that he didn’t rehearse 1000 times?

Will Christie get caught on camera stuffing a fistful of Cheetos in his mouth?

Will Trump fling open the doors, swagger down to the front and stand there grinning the whole time?

Probably not, but I’ll watch anyway.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

Nope, rather watch something else but I do hope the corpulent Democrat Christie will be out soon.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,994 ✭✭✭✭

I was once interested but not so much anymore.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******

Same old, same old.

• Options

The guy from North Dakota needs to stop. Just quit. Right now. And if he takes Tim Scott with him, that would be good. They can split the cab fair.

Everyone piles on Vivek and he takes the bait every time. He’s out of his league against these master politicians.

Christie was the only one to call out the negative aspects of Trumps presidency. But that was all he focused on, it seemed.

Desantis inspires in the same way that a 10 watt bulb lights up The Astrodome.

Haley would be more effective if her voice didn’t sound so angry when she’s making a point.

Im fascinated that no pigeons roosted on that statue of Pence. Oh…that was actually Pence. Hard to tell the difference.

In the end, no one gained on Trump. These clowns all looked like starving animals clawing at one another to get some scraps.

And the TikTok advertising during the debate? A conservative news outlet taking advertising money from Chinese spy ware??? Way to stand for the conservative values, Fox. 😠

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭

Unless a court or judge makes a ruling that Trump is disqualified these people are wasting their time.

• Options

100% agree. And making the Republican Party look like a bunch of chumps at the same time.

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

I'm just going to post what I said on another forum.... And it was Krispy Kreme who made the Donald Duck comment. And I personally can't wait for Trump to show up at the next debate.

I was just reading a bit about the debate... Of course Politics are Politics and they are vicious. I was disappointed in Ron DeSantis... He is still a young man, and his head is to swollen for his own good. I admit that I am bias concerning Donald Trump, but he has done nothing but good for our country while the Communist are destroying it... But to call President Trump, Donald Duck (I'm not sure who said it) is beyond disrespectful and below the belt. I did get a screenshot of a couple of quotes of DeSantis and I was disappointed and disgusted.

So we are blaming Donald Trump now for Biden's inflation?

And why does a man that's way ahead in the polls have to waste his time in a den of vipers?

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options

Over on the Epoch Times website, an opinion piece by Jeffrey A. Tucker stated the following:

If just one candidate has said the following, that candidate would have been the winner.

“Before I attempt to answer your canned and superficial question, let me say this. This format is awful. These questions have so far been hackneyed and scripted. The time limits seem designed to generate clips for social media and nothing more. Your games with the microphones are annoying. This great country is falling apart, and Fox seems to be running the circuses. This is not serious. Our nation is in the midst of a real emergency. The American people deserve better.”

Bullseye. Right down the center.

In the post-debate chat, Desantis said to Sean Hannity: "If I was at home watching that, I would have changed the channel.”

And I certainly will. That was it for me. Those on stage supposedly representing the Republican party proved they have no plan. I won't tune in again.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

I think DeSantis actually came off pretty good and Haley did well also. The rest of the field might as well go home. As for Christies Donald duck remark, it was a bit over the top and he is just trying to get noticed. However, Trump does need to show up for a debate to prove that he isn't "ducking" out to avoid looking like he is afraid to face his challengers. Unfortunately, he will probably continue to refuse debating and we will all remain ignorant about how good or bad he would have performed.

On well, I guess for the typical voter, "ignorance is bliss". Bob

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,994 ✭✭✭✭

I am ready to vote for DeSantis..

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

None of them really addressed how they would prevent the trainwreck from happening.