In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Federal Government shutdown likely

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Politics

The last shutdown, 2018 lasted 35 days.

This one looks likely to happen from what I’m reading.

From my view, a politicians job is to negotiate successfully. Shutting down the federal government is not a wise tactic, and it certainly shouldn’t be considered a success I'm negotiation.

And if you’re wondering, yes our dear Federal politicians will continued to be paid during the * down.

Comments

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭

Well, at least they won't be able to pass any woke crap while they lounge around.

Joe

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭

If they were the fine, upstanding citizens they profess to be, the gov't checking account would be put on hold. Never mind, just dreaming!

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

"Ever notice they always say programs like SS will suffer but Never the welfare or illegal iimagination funding?"

Exactly.

Those Morons should be locked in a room, until they can manage an agreement.

Screw them (Politician's) getting paid. I've read that "Active Duty Military, Border Patrol, etc." Will Not get paid. Some Serious Bovine Scatology in play.

Same old Bovine Scatology, As usual.

A bunch of Worthless Mother Lovers.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

And the threat Social Security will stop. It is my understanding that payments will NOT stop, but the offices will shut down. You will not be able to contact Social Security office(s).

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

If it would shutdown the corrupt DOJ and other power grabbing bureaucracies, I'm all in.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

It won't effect me and all of the government employees that continue working will get back pay. Those living paycheck to paycheck may have a problem if they weren't smart enough to have a few bucks put aside for a rainy day. Military families are the only ones I really feel bad for.

Someday we might get politicians that actually work for the good of the country as a whole and not their special interests and parties desires. I won't hold my breath. Bob

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭

'Essential government employees' will continue to work. USPS will continue to delver mail. Federal LEO agencies will continue to work.

The agency I currently work for is much lower on the 'importance' scale and only 2-3 employees per district are 'essential'(and I'm not one of them).

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

If the government shut down for 6 months, I think I'd do a dance of joy.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain