In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Florida handgun purchasing

I have maintained a home in NJ and in FL for almost 10 years. A number of years ago i was able to purchase a pistol in Florida showing that I had a legitimate home here, as documented by my vehicle registration, insurance and the lease to my home here. The ATF's Publication 5300.4, page 198 states that "B11) May a person who resides in one State and owns property in another State purchase a firearm in either State? If a person maintains a home in 2 States and resides in both States for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular State, purchase a firearm in that State. However, simply owning property in another State does not alone qualify the person to purchase a firearm in that State." Yet even with this rule, Florida says one must be a resident as evidenced by a drivers license or other such residency document. I cannot give up my NJ license for a number of reasons and am not trying to do anything illegal but is there any FFLs willing to follow the Federal guidelines for this?

Comments

• Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭

You can get a Florida Concealed carry Firearms License,if you resided there part time , even if you were from out of state.

That will count for a State ID, it has Photo and address information The 4473 Does not say State Drivers License.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭

What does Florida consider as a residency document? Would a power bill in your name be good enough?

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

Can't you do face to face buys in a Walmart parking lot? You know the gun show "loop hole"?

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

I think hoosier here has your answer. I also believe that most states issue other forms of state ID that are not driver's licenses, as not everyone drives.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain