In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

80/20 burger on sale.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭

Going to get some 80/20 ground for $2.99 later and they had a coupon for Farmer John bacon for $4.99 instead of the typical $3.99 coupon (biden-flation). So seeing bacon on sale and there is a limit of 4 I may have to hit all their stores to find one store I can limit out. Anyways I decided to make French Loaf Burgers. The plan is to get a loaf or two of French Bread to make my hamburgers this weekend. Maybe I'll buy one at a time?

Got my square jar of Clausen's pickles. Spears aren't my favorite but it's cheaper (living in biden's inflationary times).

Comments

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭✭

Since "they" don't have a name you best be careful, no telling what "they" are selling you......😮,....😊

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭

Put your burgers on the grill and cook them. Then put on all your fixings and wrap it in a tortilla wrap. Put it back on the grill for about two minutes each side. I love them like that and tortilla wraps are cheaper than bread or rolls . I also use them to make sandwiches, cheese steaks and chicken wraps.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,488 ✭✭✭✭

With our porous southern border it is sadly becoming the nuevo American

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,582 ******

I usually buy most of my hamburger meat at the same place. The 80\20 blend is my usual unless say, ground round is on sale. When cooking the 80\20 in a frying pan, I get a lot of variations in the amount of drippings from different batches. This leads me not to really give much trust in how the store measures the actual amount of fat they put in their ground meat!

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭

80/20 is a relative term.

We don't buy booger meat, we only use venison burger w/o added 'stuff'. If there's a need for 'fatty burger', we regrind adding some decent quality bacon(if there is such a product these days).

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭

Oh I don't buy the grind in the tube. That's scary.

Started out cooking the bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet. Yup lazy I know. After the bacon got done I thought why not cook the burger in the oven? One pan clean up. slapped and shaped the burger to the shape of the half loaf and away it went. Cooked it a little long but it wasn't bad. Extra fat in the burger was forgiving.

Oakie - I thought about making a Taco flavored burger. I came across a packet of taco seasoning while I was looking for my jar of pepper corns. Next time.

The other half of the burger on second day was pan fried on top of sliced white onion. Man that came out great. Onions lightly cooked steamed the burger. Yeah that's the ticket.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,582 ******

YA! I did a lot of bacon and burgers in the oven. Only had to clean one pan!

😲

• thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭

Microwave your bacon between two plates. It stays flatter and cooks up quickly.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Lucky the supermarket is having the "in store ground" for $1.99 a pound this week. The same 80/20 I bought last week. If I wasn't burnt out on burger I'd buy it. I wonder if I got space in the freezer?

Brookwood  - That right there is flavor country. That reminds me I made a pork butt in the oven with whole Jalapeno and Serrano peppers a while ago and I still smell the peppers when the oven warms up. I could eat a mess of peppers cooked in the oven like that.

thunderbolt  - It came out pretty much flat out of the oven on the cookie sheet.

KenK/84Bravo - You mean to say when grocery stores say they grind their own it means they re-grind burgers from a tube? Even if they claim "Ground Fresh in Store" exact quote from the ad. That's messed up yo. I would think the second grind would make it more like liverwurst in texture.

• JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭✭

Real butcher shops grind their own!