In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trick-or-treaters.

Merlinnv12Merlinnv12 Member Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭✭

I had a cute little trick-or-treater tonight. He was dressed up as a pirate! I complimented him on his costume and asked him.

“Where are yourBuccaneers.?”

He told me, “ They’re under my bucking hat!”

Anybody else get trick-or-treaters?

“What we’ve got here, is, failure to communicate.”

Comments

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭

I have had one here in scenic Lizton for 41 years. Back in the Indy hood in the '70's I new most of the neighbors and would pass out candy to the kids and beer to the moms & dads.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 59,202 ******

Not as many as last year, but it's colder and a school night. Maybe 60-70 kids

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭

Not many, maybe a dozen, I'll be eating candy for a month! The cutest was a 2ft tall black spider about 3yrs old. Dropped some candy in her bucket, and asked her if all her arms worked. All the arms were connected with a string, so when she moved her arms, they all moved. She had them all going, doing a little dance on the porch, so I gave her another handfull.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭

we live out in the country so no visitors

however when My parents were still alive

wife and i would go into town with our rug rats and pass out candy from my parents house always a good time

have to add sorry no photos and why

with my grandson I would love to post a photo of him this year but the internet and kids photos do not mix sad to say

my D..IL. decked out his pedal car to look like the mutt cuts mobile and made Gunner (my grandsons name ) made a awesome silver tux like was worn in the movie for him

she did a awesome job this is from the movie but his pedal car was a miniature version.

and his silver tux and she made her self a orange one like this spot on

I do wish I could post there photo (it is so cute and she and my son are great at crafting such things)

with out fear of the low lifes who seek out kids photos

my DIL's mom lives in town so they use that as a base for Halloween

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,460 ✭✭✭✭
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭✭

Our little town goes all out with a parade and all the merchants give out candy and prizes. By the time it is over most kiddles are too tired to go house to house. Plus we live on the mountain but we did get 10 this evening. Good thing we both like Snickers.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,623 ******

I call my place "The Fortress of Solitude", perched high on a hill out in the sticks. If ever a Trick or Treater made the trek to my door on Halloween, I'd give em enough money to buy sweets for a whole year!

So far, it has never happened.

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭

had an even dozen, mostly 8 or under, I just let them reach in the bowl and told them to grab as much as they could in one handful, should have let them use both hands.........

• Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

When we lived in MD it was in a neighborhood and got 50 or so each year. We moved to VA last year and live in the sticks. None.

• OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,511 ✭✭✭✭

we had one group of four kids. That is a lot for us anymore. They were mario brothers and three mushroom. All the kids were like 4 or 5 years old. I gave them the entire bowl of candy. Most of the kids around here are grown and gone. Plus living in the country with few houses, doesn't help.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,671 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone came a knocking I didn't hear them. I suppose the earplugs may be blamed for this. Not that I open doors when someone knock these days. I took it to heart "If you ain't expected you ain't invited" so I just sit there while they knock. If Ed McMahon with a check could be knocking I ain't answering.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,649 ✭✭✭✭

The entire staff on my unit dressed up for Halloween we gave out candy to the kids and had games and crafts for them to enjoy in the play room. Most of the other units in the hospital did something similar

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭

We got about eight door knocks. Pretty slow, but it was chilly and a school night. It was over by 7:30. I suggested we just put the bowl on the porch when we went to bed in the hopes some teenagers would come by and steal it. Nope.

On a side note, did you notice that even the "fun" size candies are smaller this year? The Snickers in particular are about 2/3 as big as they used to be - and that was only two bites.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭

The only young kids around here are Amish, and they must not believe in trick or treating. If they did, we would have had a lot.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,649 ✭✭✭✭

By the time I got home on Halloween most of the activity was over. I did get to greet a few kids and give out candy ( I was still in my costume). Wifey said we had about 50-60 kiddos. As for the leftover candy we put a handful of our favorites in the freezer ( love me some frozen snickers) and wifey takes the remaining candy to school and gives it out to her students.

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭

My little town hosts a Spooktacular every year. Classmate of mine and her family dress as witches and throw 1,000's of pieces of candy to the revelers. She does it by age groups to maintain order. The littles and their handlers abide by the rules.

Local businesses and families set up along the main city street in conjunction with the balcony toss. Trunks are filled with candy for distribution. There is a haunted hayride down to the river. Local food trucks set up with hot chocolate, pretzels, roasted/flavored nuts, cotton candy, etc. It's a huge celebration.

Various friends/family contribute bags of candy for the witches to toss from the balcony. It's awesome, keeps everyone safe and older kids (teenagers) are encouraged to participate as well.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,671 ✭✭✭✭

Rocky Raab  - I was thinking that as I was snacking on day after Halloween candy sale on Heath bars. I should've gotten more. I wonder if Walmart's cleaned out? I'll check after work today.