In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thanksgiving Meal

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭✭

We are entertaining 9 family members for Thanksgiving. My wife and I will supply the meat, salad and a banana pudding, the rest are bringing the other dishes. We don't really like turkey very much, so my bride (of 53 years) is fixing her signature brisket and I am frying venison backstrap steaks after I scored a big fat doe this season.

What is everyone else having?

Comments

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,236 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing that good.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,791 ******

That sounds great @grdad45 . We're doing the traditional turkey dinner with sides. Love me turkey bird, but even more so next day with leftover turkey. Nothing beats a leftover turkey sandwich.

• elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭✭

Having a four generation dinner with the youngsters. . We are the Fourth!

• Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭

We're driving to our elder daughter's house. Whatever she's serving will be just fine.

Weather during our visit is forecast to be rain turning to snow, so there's a chance we'll be doing the "eat and run" trick anyway. Don't relish a 50-mile drive home in slush.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,232 ***** Forums Admin
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭

Slab of turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce, and crisp lettuce on bread of your choice (I vote for sourdough white) is a deli fave. Mine, too.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Going to a friend's house for a change this year. Have always done the extended Family thing. Now that Mom has passed, I am taking my friend up on his gracious offer. (After having turned him down for about 6 years.) He likes to use his Smoker and "makes an awesome Brisket." He did mention Turkey and Ham on the phone the other day.

I am bringing a lb. of Shrimp for Shrimp Cocktail apps, couple lbs of Snow Crab to steam and the aforementioned ubiquitous Green Bean Casserole.

Everything else will be a Surprise. (Although I am thinking about showing up with single can of Cranberry sauce, (as a Joke) mentioned in another thread. (Leaving everything else in the Jeep.)

• TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

We will have a turkey breast mashed taters , stuffing, Cole slaw, spinach and pie. The guests will be me and wife and the dog and three cats. No politics just Thanksgiving.

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭

Doing a Turkey on the big green egg for Thanksgiving & a smoked prime rib on Friday.

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,507 ✭✭✭✭

Just three of us this year..... A virus kept us from traveling to see our son/DIL and granddaughters as we did not want to take any issues to them..

But nothing shuts my Bride down.... She will make the Turkey and dressing. I make the mashed potatoes, my son makes the green bean casserole... There will be Jello and pumpkin pie also...

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,174 ******

Just the wife and I, along with our 4 legged family here this year. Doing a roasted chicken.

I made the mistake of buying one of those store bought pumpkin pies four days ago with Thanksgiving intensions.

Darn pie seems to have vanished!! We've all heard of walking in your sleep, but eating in your sleep??? 😁

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,683 ✭✭✭✭

We had the kids and grandkids over for an early breakfast . They are having dinner with DILs parents and then coming back here later this evening. Everyone else will be here for dinner about 5PM.