In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Flint Lock Pistol Information

gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭

Information needed for a .62 Caliber Flint Lock Pistol with an eleven inch barrel with no visible markings.

Where it was made, approximate date. Reproduction?

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭

just me but the wood looks machine made like the reproductions, but I am no expert. you may try to take it apart a little to see if any marks under barrell or on other side of the lock.

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Definitely a reproduction that sold for $69 in the 1970's. Probably made in Spain or Belgium. There should be proof marks on the bottom of the barrel. Looks very lightly used, if ever. Is the lock bolt missing?

• Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭

The visible hole is not threaded and the lock is secured with bolts through stock near the ends of the lock plate. Thanks for the help..

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭✭

Some of the wood-to-metal fit is not the greatest. The lock is a bit odd and unfamiliar to me. I agree, an inexpensive reproduction.

• Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

The metal might be orginal parts put into a new stock. Look inside the metal for proof marks like stated. That would be the tell as to being orginal metal. Barrel might be a cut off piece being reused.