In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sold my old Expedition today

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,209 ✭✭✭✭

I was going to keep it through the winter and sell it this spring but I decided to put it up for sell and see what would happen. First people who came and looked at it bought it.

I bought this 2012 back in Jan 2013 for $40,000 it had about 10000 miles on it. I drove it eleven years, put another 160,000 miles on it and sold it today for $9800 cash. Crazy how much used cars are still selling for

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,306 ✭✭✭✭

It's not the selling it's the biden-flation.

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭✭

I sold a Toyota F J a few months ago.A company that buys vehicles on line offered $6000.CarMax offered $10000.I sold it myself and it brought $17000.

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭✭

Prayers for the people with the Explosion

• Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19

The vehicle looks to be well taken care, shinney paint and straight which will help resale valve. Another thing is all the electronics on the vehicles nowadays as people are getting fed up with the cost of maintenance and looking for nice older vehicles. That vehicle new would go north of 50k price and other than above average mileage you may have sold it too cheap. I hope you are not sick for selling when the warranty is out on what replaced it.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭

Cost of a new car or even monthly payments are crazy high I have read1k plus a month not uncommon

Older nice cared for cars and trucks bring a premium

But compared to the same new model is a huge savings

Not counting the 10 to 20% depreciation as soon as it leaves the lot

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21

It was my fourth Expedition. Held on to it longer than any of the others. Replaced it with a new F150. I have a nephew who works for Ford so I was able to buy the new F150 with the Ford “A”plan that saved me a bunch . Once I stacked up all the rebates- A plan, new college grad, hybrid discount the price was $12000 below sticker.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭

Daughter and SIL just sold their 'old' two owner Expedition a couple weeks back. It had quite a few miles on it but was dependable and looked good. Got about 75-80% of what they paid 7-8 years ago. A year ago, they sold their low mileage Escape for MORE than they gave for it second hand in 2014.

FWIW, they've dumped FORD and switched to Subaru. Good or bad?? I dunno, they're adults.