In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Atlanta Fly Fishing Show - Feb 2,3,& 4 /2024

AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭

Gas South Convention Center -- Duluth, Georgia

For other places - The Fly Fishing Show - 531 N. Center Avenue, Ste.-102 - Somerset, PA 15501

Best Regards - AQH

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

I bought gear way back when. Wow has it been like 30 years? I picked up a Ugly Stik Bigwater 10 or was it 11 weight? The plan was for surf perch during the summer and maybe hook up with a dumb striper who liked the way I was whipping the water. Also I could use it for salmon when I thought about moving to Oregon.

I also have a Ugly Stik (yes at Yosh's house is a Ugly Stick house) Crappie Rod. Basically it's a 13 foot (or was it 15 foot?) telescoping cane rod style (just one eye at the tip) I was planning to use as a Tenkara Rod. Being Ugly Stik I can hook up with a big fat lunker or a 10 pound log without fearing breakage.

I used to like to tie my own flies. I wonder if the moths got to the feathers? Wow that's been even longer. If I ever tie again it'll all be salmon or streamers with the big butt hooks. I can imagine tying ants in size 2 it'll be more like beetle at that size. Eyes and finger dexterity going. It'll be like when I first started. Flies resembling like they went 10 rounds with a piranha.