In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

6.5x57r full length loading dies

45calmuzzleloader45calmuzzleloader Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited February 4 in Ask the Experts

Anyone know where a set of 6.5x57r loading dies can be purchased?

Comments

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭

Do an internet search. Many places.

• Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

If you can't find them used, you can order custom dies through Redding or Lee. Lee can make the collet die in your caliber, but you might have to supply a fired case from your rifle.

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭

RCBS does make 6.5X57 Lapua dies - about $100 for 2 die set.

Best Regards - AQH

• Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

Just to clarify, the r means rimmed. Is that what you are specifying?

• Options
    45calmuzzleloader45calmuzzleloader Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

Yes, "r" for rimmed. I'm thinking about purchasing another drilling. One that is a higher grade gun than the ones I own. I already have a very well used plain old JP Sauer in 12x12x7x57r no scope and a plain but good condition Merkel in 12x12x.222 with scope and claw mounts. Really like the 7x57r caliber but old eyes need a scope for deer and bear hunting. And the .222 is not legal for deer or bear in my state (VA). I see a many guns in 6.5x57r and know that I can make brass from my supply of 7x57r. I have done the internet search. No company lists 6.5x57r dies on their website, 6.5x57 Mauser yes but no "r". I will call Lee Precision and see what they say. Thank you for all the replies.

• Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

"Usually" The R case is the same dimensions as the rimless case. That means you can use the rimless case dies and then use the proper shellholder that fits the rim. Hope this helps. Good luck.

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have never had a drilling - but I have had 'Cape guns' - in 7X57R and 8X57R. I used my regular Lyman dies for reloading. The only change was the shell holder to accommodate the rimed cases.

Best Regards - AQH