In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Shooter" the tv show.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,179 ✭✭✭✭

They got 3 seasons of this inaccuracy? Maybe the last two got better? I wonder if Antoine Fuqua got more involved other than putting his name on the show? I saw Stephen Hunter do a Lee Childs like cameo. Only way I recognized him was an article from Recoil or was it Ballistics? Speaking of that are Mr. Hunter's book worth the read?

As for the show it's amazing no matter the range 100 yards to 1500 yards the center of the cross hairs are dead center. Some of the scope adjustment like torqueing scope to the rail was strange. the Then their do it all "Black King" a D&L MR-30 PG and the "magic bullet".

Anyway I made a drinking game out of this show. Everytime they had straight up wrong bit or questionable bit I drank. Let's just say I had to re-watch the episodes many times over the weekend.

Love the movie, thought. Maybe it was Michael Pena that made the movie?

Comments

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭✭

I would have to drink a LOT to watch that series too!

Just sayin'

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,646 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't know their was a TV show with the same name

I did watch the movie some years ago

I have not watched any normal TV shows for several years. I could not even tell you what's on or popular

Blame it on you tube and firestick

And we cut the satilie contracts years ago

• Options

I saw Walmart having the DVD out a few years ago but I passed on it because I don't like the lead dude. Something is off with Ryan Phillippe (like Brook Shields). Looking up on IMDB to spell his name correctly I saw that they made "MacGruber" into a TV show. This is a silly take on "MacGyver" that came out a while ago. I thought the movie was silly but I liked it. Maybe the show is the same? Can't be any worse with they bring back "MacGyver" a few years ago. I wonder if that show is still on? Nope but it did 5 seasons. While I'm, on IMDB I see that re-make of "Magnum P.I." is still on. Haven't seen that since early second season?

• Options
    Glock23ExpertGlock23Expert Member Posts: 1,031 ✭✭

The books by Stephen Hunter are pretty good. Haven't watched the show. The movie with Mark Wahlberg, Danny Glover & Ned Beatty, based on the book, is pretty good.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭

Wife & I have talked about a drinking game for every time someone says, "CLEAR," but we'd never make to the end of some shows.

• Options

Glock23Expert - The books are good huh? So I guess I'll have to blame the show runner.

Toolman286 - Oooh they use "clear" a lot in those LEO, militarys shows. I can imagine binging one of those shows will make a binge drinker out of you.