In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

$12K Toyota pick up truck.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭

Basically a mini truck had a one nighter with a Land Cruiser. What I like is the bed that converts into a flat-bed and the price. They really need to bring back the mini-trucks and not those micro trucks like the Subaru Baja (even though I do like them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CiEKGbNF_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QomzXkOuCVA

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭

I've owned two mini-trucks over the years. A Datsun in Florida that rusted out from under me, and then a Dodge D-50 (made by Mitsubishi) in Utah that took me untold miles. They're handy, if a bit "cozy" and are just right for the weekend bags of mulch trip to Home Depot.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭✭

If the $12,000 Toyota trucks come to market,there will probably be a 3 year waiting list.

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭✭

IF it every comes to the USA, it will be sold as an UTV and cost 20,000 plus!

IF they try to add US emissions crap, and sell it as a actual truck, it will be over 40,000!

Our emmisions and govt regs are backwards! The smaller the footprint if a vehicle, the more MPGs it has to have. That is exactly why Ford Rangers, Toyota Tacomas, and the like are WAY bigger than they were historically!

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭

Mini-Trucks makes sense for a quick load or impromptu light trail to a fishin'/huntin' trip.

My thought is the stealerships will be hard at work trying to "up sale" on the $12K truck but they can't so they'll not sell it. Now if Toyota did direct sales that would be pure profit. Oh well.

I don't think there will be emission issues since diesel is more than gasoline. I'm thinking more of crash test survival. Small/mini-trucks ain't so small these days.

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭

Mike is correct

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭✭

I would love to get a diesel one of those!

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭

I'd love to see it happen, but I can't see US dealers selling them for under $20K or more.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭✭

Sadly, this will probably never be an option here in America, at least anywhere near that price. If imported, after adding all the emissions and safety equipment as well as paying the 25% import tariff, the price would at least double. If made here, with the higher costs of manufacturing the same thing would happen. Don't forget, the typical consumer also wants all the latest and greatest electronic thingamajigs on any vehicle they buy so raise that cost even higher. It's no coincidence that those options are about the highest profit margin on the vehicle. We can dream, but it probably ain't gonna happen.😡 Bob