In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 1911 Rail Gun By Walther

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in these but have a couple of questions. I don't know why it's called a rail gun. I know what the military considers a rail gun but this isn't it. I see it has a threaded barrel but don't see how it can be fitted with a suppressor without having a portion of the barrel extending when the slide is retracted. Clue me in guys. I'm not stupid though some of you would argue that.

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,048 ******

I goggled 'rail gun'. Seems you're gonna need a magnet, a really big magnet. Sorry, that's all i could find.

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭

Has a rail for lights and lasers.

• Options
    forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27

Built this for a ‘Tier One Operator’ (Delta Force).

Note the integral ‘rail’ forged into the bottom of the frame extension.

The ‘operator’ promptly installed the light, hooked the bottom of the frame over a door frame and did a couple of one arm pull-ups. Much to my chagrin,,,,, 😳

I set a golf ball on a fence post 15yds away and watched it disappear in a thousand minute particles.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

Always a fan of 1911s, I picked up one of these on sale for $299 in Nov. Been taking it with me to the range often and have put near a couple of bricks thru it already. The finish is a parkerized black. I had only one failure and it was an ammo problem not the gun. Its easy to take down & clean. The trigger out of the box is exceptional.

For a mere 300 bucks, this pistol is worth every penny. Cant really consider it a true Colt however as it is MFG by Walther in Germany but there is nothing wrong with that. Have let a number of accomplices shoot mine and later show at the range with their new purchase & thanking me.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys. I now know where the "rail" comes from. chiefr, looking at the Walther site I see they show a silencer and an adapter convert the metric barrel thread to 1/2-28. What I don't understand is that there is no barrel thread visible. What am I missing here?

It's too late for me, save yourself.