In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7.65 M/M Ortgies Sear repair

the1941guythe1941guy Member Posts: 4

I've got one of these in the shop that will not fire. I had a weird thought today that "might" work if the follower is worn and not lifting high enough to trip the firing pin. I spoke to my gunsmith first and believe it or not, he agreed. So...

Apply a thin thread of Super Glue/Gorilla Glue around the circumference of the follower edge and then when dry, file or sand it smooth so that nothing catches and it will rotate easily. Of course, it might be difficult to keep things in a perfect circle, but as long as there isn't a snag anywhere, it might work, especially as they are hard to find anywhere.

My smith also suggested epoxy. We haven't tried it yet, but I thought I'd share a thought. Feel free to disagree.

Comments

• Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

I would try JB Weld . I have used it to build up areas that are not load bearing. Like around the magazine box inside of the well.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

I'd shim it with a piece of aluminum/brass tube from ACE hardware (where I seen them being sold). Since you're looking for a circular thing. Hell if it's small enough use a pen ink tube. I'm sure they still make some pens with a brass tube. Then JB Weld it in place.