In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AARGH!

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

What a couple of days. Woke up at 1am Tuesday night, or I guess that would be Wednesday morning, to a super close and bright light show. Thunder so loud and close things were rattling on shelves in the kitchen. Turned on the tube and they were telling about a severe storm warning. After 10 minutes that turned into a tornado warning with one touching down less than 10 miles away moving towards us. We spent the next 20 min in the basement until the weather service gave the all clear. Missed us totally, thank god, and went by a couple miles south of us. Wednesday weather was fine but 50° colder than Tues. Which was good for the guys trying to restore power in the areas of the touchdown. Some folks still don't have power. We only had a few flickers so we dodged that bullet. There was a lot of damage but no fatalities and cleanup will probably take a long time.

With these mad fluctuations in the weather, my allergies/sinuses are killing me. Had to get groceries today so figured I'd get some pseudoephedrine at Krogers pharmacy. Well the pharmacy was closed for lunch and wouldn't be open for almost an hour. No problem, I have to go by both a Walgreens and RiteAid on the way home. You guessed it, both of their pharmacy counters were closed for lunch and the shortest wait was 45 minutes. With these extra stops now i have frozen food thawing in the Acadia so I left and came home. Thank goodness I didn't need a life saving prescription. I've got a few things that need doing around here but with my nose faucet running full out, they are all on hold! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. 😁 Bob

Comments