In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Speaking of possums and game cameras.......

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭

The moment Mr. Possum realized he picked the wrong porch..........

Actually I just chased him off........

Comments

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭

Are you in a hazmat suit???

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options

The flash of the camera washes things out. Jeans and a blue sweatshirt.... But it sort of looks like a hazmat suit....🙂

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,996 ✭✭✭✭

Quick… play dead.

• Options

just be glad it wasn’t this guy on your porch 😁

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3

my wife out lawed me from harming (dispatching ) the critters some years ago

sometimes I just haul them off other times just let them move along on their own

just came in from a yard walk to strech my legs its 2:00 am what I saw was two rabbits, two skunks and one opossum, and assorted cats during my walk

oh , sorry no partage in a pear tree ( just the pear tree we have two of those )

• Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 3

When I started using game cameras at deer feeders I noticed that Possums are wiser than I first realized.

When they find a food source at a deer feeder they arrive on time each night. Can almost set your watch time by them.

When them Possums start getting into the elevated cat food bowl on the porch they are tougher than my cats.

I have to take the cat food bowl away and set a live trap to catch the intruder Possums. Several of the Big Boar possums never sull and play dead, they get mean.

My outside cats stay out of the live trap after being caught couple times.

My OLD watch dog has retired, sleeps all night and no longer bothers the Possums or Racoons. Time to start raising a young guard pup.

I had a Mountain Cur dog that would catch and chew on Possums and the Possum would play dead. That dog really had a funny look on it's face sometime later when it seen the possum come alive and climb a tree or fence to get away. Appeared the dog thought maybe the Possum was possessed or ghostly, because he had put the kill on the animal and it came back alive.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Lucky4597 Lucky4597 Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

Ticks are bar far more harmful than possies - and the possies go to town on the tick population. More possies - Less ticks...