In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gonna be fun ,,,,,,

forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭

,,,,,,, if any calves have to be pulled today.

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭

We've only got three to calve out and I thank God every year that they're easy calvers. Spit 'em out like a watermelon seed. Pulling calves is not fun on a good day but doing it in those conditions is just miserable.

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭

Out neighbor texted me the other day that they were missing a 4 day old calf and it may have slipped in the neighbors fence... And to please be on the lookout. In the middle of the night I woke up thinking about baby... Bald Eagles nest, Puma, Coyotes.... But they found it and it's safe back with mom. I'm so glad I'm not expecting any this year. Jersey's are a lot different, had one wrapped in a horse blanket in the bathroom on awful night. Her mother almost killed me and I had to sneak around with no flashlight so she couldn't see where I was going.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

Don't you wish that truck could just shake off the snow on it's own like a dog shaking off water. I'd get in to make sure the truck turns over before removing the pile.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

Well, how'd you make out? Calves on the ground, more to come, how many? @forgemonkey

• Options
    forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭

Good so far ,,,,,,, had to get a cow tied sideways to the feed truck so we could milk her out. Teats so big the calf couldn’t suck. Got some milk into the calf, and all is good ,,,,,,,

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

Dang, never thought that'd be a problem. Glad little got fed and doing good.