In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Rand Manufactured 1943

GrannyGranny Member Posts: 3

Can anyone give me a suggestion on where I can find a value or other information for a Remington Rand US Army markings, supposedly manufactured 1943, wrapped in Cosmoline? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

For starters, look at the SOLD guns similar to yours on this website. Then compare them with yours. Come back & post photos of yours. Tell us the serial number & measure the precise length of the R/R logo. We may be able to find a Charles Clawson book that describes it. If you could post high-rez photos of the gun, including all sides of the barrel, that would help us. Note that similar pistols bring top dollar only when there are 50-100 pictures that are in sharp focus & are well lit.

I've never seen a USGI pistol that was wrapped in cosmoline by the manufacturer or the US Army. You will need to disassemble it & clean off the entire gun with appropriate gun solvent.

Neal

• Options
    blitz10blitz10 Member Posts: 2

Try CMP forum under subsection 1911. I just recieved a Remington Rand in round 4 of purchasing a 1911 from them. It cost $1150. It had a RR reciever and slide, but a replacement barrel. There is a current topic on RR slides and measurements on the info on the slide with pictures. The forum members have many experts on the 1911-1911A1, which I am not.