In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A little ultralight fishing this evening...

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 7 in The Fishing Hole!

Got all my chores completed about 30 minutes before sunset tonight so I beat it to a pond located a few miles from our place. They were biting and I wish I had gotten there a little earlier !!

A 16" bass on an ultralight Uglystik, Shimano reel and 4lb test is a good fight.... The crappies were biting too..

Comments

• Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

FUN! My favorite ultra light was a Shimano on a one piece 4 1/2 ft Berkley Cherrywood.

• Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5

Congrats. Nice fish and I know you had a good fight on that ultalight set up. No way you can horse a fish in with that ultralight.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5

congrats

sounds like a nice outing. light tackle sure makes it a fun day

my dad loved to fish but like a lot of people with little to no money his tackle was a zebco 202 then later a upgrade to a 33 he found at a yard sale

he also used the heaviest line he could find in the area like 30 or 40 pound if I remember 😲 said he did not want to get hung up and keep breaking lines on rocks or stumps never thought about scaring the fish away with a tow rope as a line I guess when th espider line came out like 8o pound test he switched 😣 to that

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,994 ✭✭✭✭

looks like lots of fun

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭

From the post title, I thought you were fishing from an airplane.😁

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"