In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 798 270 Win Canyon Creek Custom PRESENTATION GRADE Starts TONIGHT

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭

Get your checkbook out.....this one is a NICE find!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1039837635

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

Woo Doggie!!

I sold a few 798's back in the day when Remington was importing them and while I thought they were a well built gun they left a little to be desired appearance wise. Canyon Creek sure made a silk purse out of a sows ear with that one! I love it that there are still some folks around that know what to do with blued steel and walnut. Good luck with it and I bet it does well. Bob

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******

That sure is pretty!!!

• Options
    Gunnut358Gunnut358 Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

Small world. That stock was done about five miles from where I'm sitting. They do some beautiful work, don't they?

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7

Kasey, she's a beauty. I suppose you could call mine a Sow's ear compared to this one. Purchased mine back when the fellas in Kentucky were doing pretty good job I thought. Mine are 375H&H and 458 Win Mag. with 22" barrels in Safari Grade. They are three piece laminate with Classic Rosewood fore end tip vs back rake angle which I don't like. Both unfired in original boxes with paper work. Will dig these out for pictures sometime if i can find the time.

If my memory serves me correct they started out as Charles Daly Mark 10's and the big shots at Remington flew over and struck a deal with Zastava for the barreled actions. They were all going for custom builds and i don't think Remington liked that. They wanted the whole pie. The bluing on mine is Immaculate and wood to metal is pretty darn good.

Guess they will stay boxed up because who the heck could afford to shoot them. ----------Ray

PS: Actually I made a mistake when I said Tennessee. They were assembled in Mayfield, Kentucky. I am not positive where the Remington Stocks were made.

• Options
    edited March 7

Agree with BobJudy. Love my blued steel and walnut. Guy that does my bluing thinks the same way. Had one gunsmith tell me years ago when I was looking for a new bluing guy, said nobody does bluing anymore everybody wants stainless. I don't know what planet he was from.

Nothing gaudy about that gun Kasey. The more I look at it the more I would like to have it. Will be out of my price range for sure. -------------------------Ray

• Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭

a beaut

Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

Wish I could afford it, would go nice with my Russian Remington over under combination gun.

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

Wow! You have a bunch of great listings active right now!

• Options
    edited March 18

Hard to believe that 37 Winchester went for over $200 more than this gun went for tonight. Listed for less than $10 in 1936. ----------------------------Ray

PS: Tonight 3/17/24, 798 Remington $5,317--------------37 Winchester 28Ga. $5,525

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭

I think I speak for all of us when I say I'd like to see a picture of that Russian Remington!

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭

I just got back from the Virginia trip....lots of cool things coming up!!!!

I'm going to need to clone myself in a few days so I can get caught up.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭

my guess would be a baikal, I had a double 28ga stamped remington but made over there.......

• Options

See; ------------------Ray

37 Winchester Auction #1038591356

798 Remington Auction #1039837635