In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just need my Guinness.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw me that Lucky a supermarket will be having corned beef for $1.77 a pound. Good thing I got three on my way home to take advantage of the sale. Just in case they have the crappy selections to choose from. Wasn't really looking to cook up corned beef this weekend and it's good those silly things can be left alone in the fridge for a good long while.

I do want some Guinness, though. Maybe I'll stop by the liquor box store and buy one of those personal size keg of Black Beers. Why don't I just buy Guinness? They're not on sale yet. After all I'm living in bidenomics so I must wait for the sale.

Comments

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭

Mmmm....love me some Guinness! I think I'll go grab some tonight. Thanks for the reminder!

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******

If you like Guiness, try Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout.

• Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭✭

Grocery Outlet is my friend.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭

There's nothing like Guiness with its nitrogen bubbles, but a good porter or chocolate stout is a close second.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭

With me, it depends on the day. If I'm in the mood for a Guiness it is great!! If I'm not in the mood for a Guiness it is way to heavy and I don't really enjoy it.

• Options

If you want to cheap, try Modelo Negra. I know, it's Mexican, but at least the didn't hire a he/she to promote it.

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options

jimdeere  - I don't know if those beers travel this far West. But I'll look at Total Wines & More (love those big box booze stores that open at 0900) when I stop there later for my Black Beer. I wish they still made Michelob "Classic" Dark or Oly dark

Rocky Raab  - Ever try Nitro Pepsi? Them tiny bubbles are cool with rum.

dreher  - Guinness heavy? But it's so easy to drink.

jimdeere - Modelo Negra is good but I hate having bottles laying around for recycling even if they're in their box. Cans I can crush to take up less space but bottles nope if I want my portion of CRV back. Also trench coat mafia is so 1999. Anyways for Cinco De Mayo I'll stock up on 12 packs because they go on sale then and the empties will lay about until I got enough to waste my gas to get my portion of California bottle/can tax back.

One of these days I'll string up all those Guinness "Widgets" I saved from my years of drinking out of the cans in to Mardi Gras beads.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭

People tend to equate dark with heavy. That may be true of some stouts and such, but definitely not for Guinness.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options

I went to Total Wines & More and they didn't have the baby keg (the 5 liter can) so I was basically dead set on getting my beer on. So I went to Salinas to Bev Mo to see if they had it. Nope. I guess it might be Octoberfest thing? Since I was out and about I went to Grocery Outlet. They got odd things.

Picked up couple of quarts of 805 beer and they had this glass stein and a liter of beer deal. Since the quart was $3.99 and the stein deal was $5.99 with a keep sake. Since I am a man of the world who uses Mason Jars to drink out of the steins will be gifts.

I hope this week they will have sale on Guinness without digital coupons.

• Options

Just saw the ad from Safeway 8 pack of Guinness for $11.99 limit 4. Not bad, I just hope they're for cans.

• Options

Score! Wife was in Rite Aid and they had Guiness draught on half price, $4.87 for 6. She brought home 8 six packs. It'll take me a year to finish it.

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭

I prefer Point Bock