In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A funny just in time for St. Paddy's

Comments

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,243 ✭✭✭✭

I am Irish. This stereotype that we Irish like to get drunk is so hurtful.

"What is an Irish 7-Course dinner?"

A six pack and a potato.

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8

It was a cold Friday evening when the doorbell rang at Mrs Molloy’s house. When she answered the door, Patrick Glynn, her husband’s manager at the brewery, was stood on the doorstep.

‘Hello Patrick', she said. 'Where’s my husband? He should have been home from work 3 hours ago?’

The man sighed. ‘I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this, Mrs Molloy, but there was an accident over in the brewery. Your husband fell into a vat of Guinness and drowned’.

‘Oh my God’, she replied. ‘Please tell me it was quick?!’

'Well… no, ma'am. It wasn’t quick.  He climbed out 4 times to go pee.'

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

16, 17, 18? Is that the dinking age in Ireland? If you're gonna have underage drinking might as well keep them in the pub.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭

I have watched thet couple on youtube before ,

funny stuff

I am sure most of you know how the police and customers or had come across the words back in the day got the nick name Patty wagon

take you pick I have herd both versions over the years so I looked it up so loooks like both were right

this is just copy and paste info based on this I demand my reparations for the Irish heritage

"In the 19th and early 20th centuries, many Irish immigrants settled in the United States and began careers as police officers. By 1860, one in four New Yorkers – over 200,000 – had been born in Ireland. Around that time, nearly half of New York City’s law enforcement officers were also Irish. Therefore, a paddy wagon might have gotten its name because it was a vehicle often driven by an Irishman.

However, paddy wagon may also describe a vehicle that carried several Irishmen, referencing the high number of Irish people arrested in those times.

Looking back again to the 1860s, more than half of those arrested in New York City were Irish."

sadly and Irish were considered the lowest of the low ethnic groups another reason I want my gov check for early Irish being discriminated fair is fair

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

I saw that drinking age in Ireland was 18 so i don't know what mom was going on about.

Ditch-Runner - Catch a show titled "Copper" about an Irish man who came back from Civil War to five points as a cop.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,582 ✭✭✭✭

Will check it out yosh

Thanks