In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Actual Gun thread..... Walther WMP -Vs- Kel-Tec PMR -Vs- S&W M&P 22 Magnum Shooting results

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 9 in General Discussion

Between some buddies and myself, we have all three of these .22 Magnum pistols. We decided it would be interesting to do a shooting test with all three just to see how they stack up. The test I did involved three different .22 Magnum loads, fired at 15 yards off a sandbag rest. All three did well accuracy wise, No FTF or FTE occurred with any of them. The M&P and Walther had red dot sights on them, the Kel-Tec did not....

The following pics were of targets fired by me. It was an interesting day at the range..

The first set of pictures were fired through the Walther WMP..... CCI 40gr Mini-Mags, Hornady 30gr V-Max and Hornady 45gr Critical Defense

The next series of pictures were fired through the S&W M&P CCI 40gr Mini-Mags, Hornady 30gr V-Max and Hornady 45gr Critical Defense

And finally the PMR

The flyer was the first shot of the day....

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******

Great post. That's some fine shooting. Overall none were bad, but give me the walther.

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭

Nice targets Will........

It's been years......but the last time my son and I were shooting pistols, we took my AMT Lightning 6" and S&W 648 6". Good times.........but they sure were loud.

Next time.......we'll add the RI 22TCM Target 6".......which should be even louder.😳

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds and looks like a fun day for all good shooting and congrats on the effort to get out and enjoy the day

I can't remember the last time I was just out shooting for fun it was at least before the big covid &%%# hit the USA and interrupted our back yard get togethers

Looks way better than i could manage after a long time out

Sadly i Have to many projects stacked up now to work on shoting but still on my list

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,393 ******

Great shooting there Frank! Heck! It takes me most of the day just to put a dozen holes in a single target. Of course, that is shooting one of my muzzle loaders! 😁

Part of that day involves cleaning however.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,996 ✭✭✭✭

Nice shootin. I like my kel Tec PMR.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

McCarbo makes a red dot mount that forms a bridge across the receiver allowing the slide to function without the added weight of a red dot on the slide. Installed one on my PMR and functions flawlessly even when doing a mag dump.

Have not yet checked out the Walther, but after seeing your groups. I am impressed.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks all, it was an enjoyable afternoon at the range. I was shooting at an indoor range so you can imagine some of the looks I got firing the .22 Magnum rounds. They were all pretty loud, but the 30gr V-Max also had an especially satisfying fireball to go with it !!