In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun trust for NFA items

CaneyRiverDogCaneyRiverDog Member Posts: 145 ✭✭

Has anyone made their own trust using software like WillMaker? Local GS suggests to go that route and that its fairly easy to do. Wanting to have a trust made before I purchase my first suppressor

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭

We used the generic trust from Silencer Shop. Simple, easy, and while not cheap, also not as expensive (and much quicker turn around) vs a local lawyer. We set up the trust at the same time as a purchase.

All the trust does is establish a line of ownership and possession of the NFA item.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

It's only been a few years since Silencer Central invented the mail order suppressor industry. They made buying a suppressor through the mail possible by having a lawyer write a generic form that works everywhere, & they give it to you FREE when you buy from them. And, they have the experience to give you advice that will save you money in the long run.

Now there are several other companies that offer similar service. Look for suppressor ads in the American Rifleman & Guns & Ammo. You shouldn't need to pay for the custom trust paperwork unless you have a special need.

Neal

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭

Trusts are one of those things you want to have correct. Using a form from a suppressor manufacture will likely suffice, but personally I wouldn't recommend making your own unless you are experienced in such.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.