In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Today was a little Surreal........

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 11 in General Discussion

Today started out as a typical Sunday. Got up and headed to church as usual. I took my place at the door, greeting folks as they arrived. One of our oldest members and his family arrived for the 2nd service. Art is a fine old gentleman. He worked in the Aviation industry for a good part of his career. He had been an avid hunter most of his life and was one of the wisest, kind individual I have ever know.

I had the opportunity to talk with him for a few minutes and I always enjoy talking with him. After the service, one of the other greeters helped him into his vehicle (his bride was driving) and they were off to meet the rest of the family for lunch......

He arrived at the restaurant and died from a heart attack.... I still can not believe he is gone. He has been experiencing some health issues the last year or so and I guess we all knew he would not be with us much longer, but it still is hard to think he is not with us any more....

The good news is he was sure of his destination and talked often about looking forward to being in the presence of God.. So I am happy his suffering is over but sad for the rest of us...

So take the time to speak with your friends, let them know how much they mean to you and live each day to the fullest !!!

Prayers for his family would be appreciated...

Comments