In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

interesting...

oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20240311/washington-post-s-somewhat-pro-gun-column-inadvertently-exposes-problem-with-mandatory-storage-laws

The author notes that he stored his firearm—“a .357 magnum Smith & Wesson revolver”—in a closet, in a case, unloaded, and “trigger-locked.” When he determined it might be a good idea to arm himself while an uninvited stranger wanders about his home, he recounts his experience as he struggled to make his firearm actually suitable for self-defense

Comments

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭✭

Years ago my friend Tom who was a FFL and the President of the gun club that i am a life member of and I had a heated argument about concealed carry and loaded vs unloaded. He was a fierce defender of the 2A.

He said "Ray you are a Thick, Idealistic Rebel from Virginia and you just don't get it. Some day you will reach under the seat for that empty piece and it will go Click instead of Bang. For a split second you will wonder why and then It won't matter why. You will be dead."

I will never forget Tom's words of wisdom. -------------------------Ray

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,391 ***** Forums Admin

What Neo said.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

Just a thought for anyone that carries a pistol without one in the chamber-

You are assuming you will always have the use of two functioning hands to chamber a round.

As far as what I store in my house, and HOW I store it- thank you for your interest. And like the doormat says:

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭

I store/keep firearms everywhere, loaded, vehicles, barns, home and a few other places and they're ready to work, no eggs all in one basket for me. I know it's dangerous......to the bad guy but to me it's a safety measure and not our governments business. I also know me, I'd lose the damn keys 🤔

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭

Mandatory storage laws. Who's gonna enforce them? If a law can't be enforced, it's not much of a law now is it?

Laws like that are nothing more than pandering to the idiot constituency in order to look concerned for the welfare of said morons and get a few more votes.

I'm like @Junkballer . I have stuff everywhere. So many times I've gone outside to fire up the grill and SURPRISE...there's a lever action 30-30 where my beefy sustenance needs to go. So I take it inside (the 30-30, not the steak), give it a cleaning, and put it in the refrigerator where it belongs.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

Almost a California "storage" is it was in a gun safe.