In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gmail filtering out Gun Broker emails

CO_KTM_RiderCO_KTM_Rider Member Posts: 2

Has anyone been able to address the issue of gmail blocking GB emails? It started about 6-8 weeks ago, the GB emails were labeled as suspicious and went to the spam folder, identified as a phishing attempt. I added the sender as a contact and moved them to the normal folder and identified them as 'safe'. That worked for 2 weeks. Now, the email address is completely blocked and I don't get any updates on the buying side (saved searches, watch list, etc.) or the selling side (item sold, ended, questions, etc.).

Has anyone found a fix?

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,393 ******

I'm not very computer savvy but I would just open another E-Mail account away from G-Mail. I use a Yahoo account for many years with no problems.

I also have a G-Mail set up for other things. Just an idea.

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭

Could be your internet service provider. Who are you with?

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you are not the first. Here is what GB says;

"Since we cannot control your ISP's spam filtering or blocking software, you should contact your ISP or email service provider's Customer Support and ask them to verify that our website, GunBroker.com, is on your Whitelist (a friendly email list that allows our emails to be ignored by your email account's spam filtering software). "

Bob

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭

I had a number of emails from here that got sent to spam. Didn't matter that I told it/them that the emails weren't spam, they kept putting them there.

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭

Like Brookwood I’m not real computer savvy. But to me it smells like WOKE.

• Options

Could be. Some ISPs will filter entire domains because those domains have been identified as originators of spam emails and they are trying to minimize spam emails traveling to the end user. This can happen on the servers that are sending the emails or on the servers that are receiving the emails. A well intentioned idea with frequently inaccurate results.

However, given that the now blocked emails are of a firearm-centric origin, I think it's time for the OP to change internet service providers. I think @waltermoe is right. And the "go woke, go broke" philosophy applies.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

Solution: Get rid of corporate woke Google & Gmail.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

i get the same on my regular email address goes to a spam folder

• Options
    CO_KTM_RiderCO_KTM_Rider Member Posts: 2

I still get the emails from the help desk, but they have a slightly different email address with 'zendesk' in it. I doubt it's the ISP, as I should still get them on my phone and the ISP does control google. However, I'd not be surprised if google black balled GB. They were labeled as phishing attempts prior to being totally blocked.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭

Certainly no big surprise. Gmail is a Google item and Google is a major supporter of all things woke, left wing, and democrat.

• Options

You never did say who your internet provider is. Who do you have?

Zendesk is customer management software and it's used by GB. That's why the help desk emails have the Zendesk address in them.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

Oftentimes it can help to add a sender to your address book. I also believe that gmail has the ability to specifically whitelist certain senders. Look into that, perhaps?

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭

I had an issue a few months ago……it ended up being that my Gun Broker messages were marked as "promotional" by Google. This made all of my emails go to that folder instead of my inbox. They were NOT marked spam, that is different. If that happens you have to go in your promotional messages and find one of the GB emails, mark it as "not promotional" and then they will come into your inbox again.

If you BLOCK a sender from emailing you…..(like a problem bidder sending foul language, which is how I learned this)….anything that you "block" that comes through GB will cause ALL of your messages to be blocked and they will go into spam. So, check to make sure you didn't block an email because that might be what is causing your issue.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Gmail account and I have been getting GunBroker emails.… But it's on my phone.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭

Try adding *@gunbroker.com to "allowed domains" if you are using an email client like Outlook. If not, 'bout the best you can do directly in GMail is to right-click and mark "Not Spam" on the email.

(above, that's an asteric then the at symbol).

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭

I get the auction side emails in my inbox all emails regarding the forum are in my spam folder. Millions of them lol

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******
    edited April 13

Rae, you can stop the E-Mails from the forum side by editing your profile. I gave instructions to do this in the recent, "this little bell" topic.

For E-Mails from the auction side- edit your auction side profile.