In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old photo sticking to glass in frame!

asopasop Member Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭

Anyway to remove the photo from the glass without ripping it? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,040 ******

I've heard, a hair dryer on low setting, but have never tried this myself.

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16

To remove postage stamps stuck together, you can soak in warm water for 30 minutes & they will come apart. I would try with photos, even though they are usually surface printed & the outcome of your operation is not guaranteed.

Neal

EDIT: A friend just showed me a better way to do this. He had some damaged photos, & took them to a camera store that does custom work. They use high end lighting & cameras to take "studio" portraits of your original photos. Not cheap, but it's practical & doesn't damage your photos.

Neal

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭

check out youtube lot of how to remove photos stuck to glass

JMHO

If me I would watch several at least of the post and see what most are doing don't just go with the first one , yes it may be good and best way also but why chance. doing more harm

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,185 ✭✭✭✭

don't think I would try this with photos, we got flooded once and all the old photos in the albums faded and were washed almost clean........