In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Has anyone shipped a firearm FROM Puerto Rico to the mainland US?

NotDraconNotDracon Member Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello. New here. Trying to sell off a gun I no longer want but was unable to find either an individual or gun shop willing to buy it on the island so I decided to sign up for Gunbroker's selling system. Thing is... I've checked everywhere and only found scant resources to help orient me as to how to send it over to the mainland 48 once sold from PR. Apparently only an FFL armory here is allowed to go through the motions of mailing a gun from here to another FFL armory in the states and they'll all charge me $125 for the service. I don't suppose we have anyone else from PR who had to sell or send to a mainland state who could help?

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭

If you are sending a gun to a dealer in the US....one thing you might try, get the receiving dealer to create a shipping label and email it over to you. The gun would be shipping under THEIR account, they would be the shipper. It would just cost the label and whatever "tip" you pay them to do this for you. You can explain that all the laws were being followed, just avoiding the insane fees your end is trying to charge.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    NotDraconNotDracon Member Posts: 60 ✭✭

That's a fairly clever suggestion, and you've got at least one other person vouching for you, so this seems to be the way to go! Except... a potential buyer texted me moments before this, showing interest and commitment to buying the gun I was trying to sell locally and we're meeting at an FFL on saturday to make the exchange. After weeks of radio silence and getting ghosted by previous so-called buyers. Huh. Funny how things work out in the end.

Hopefully this thread shows up on google for someone else trying to sell their gun to someone in the mainland and looking for help online. The gun in question is a TC9 revolver, a SAA clone in 9mm if anyone was wondering what was having a hard time selling.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

We used to have a member here that was in PR. Jorge, I think.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain