In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got a new phone...relatively painless....so shocked

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,687 ✭✭✭✭

I am a hot mess most days. So, it shouldn't shock you guys to find that I spilled a tub of greenbeans on my phone in the passenger seat of my car. Yep, it was a mess.

For several days my power button was sticking, but the phone worked fine. Knowing how much I depend on the silly thing it made me nervous that I was about to lose everything on my phone.....plus....it was pretty old and way past time to look into replacing.

The change over was so easy....I am SHOCKED. I just went in, got a Galaxy S24 Ultra, brought it home and scanned some image that popped up on it with my old phone that downloaded a transfer program. It put everything from my old phone on the new one without me doing anything at all.

I had to order a case online and I'm thankful to find that they've decided using our old cords is the way to go, so all my old plugs work on the new phone.

I haven't played with it much, so I have no clue what on earth makes this gadget better than my trusty Galaxy S10+ that I've had for several years. I'm just glad the switch was so easy!

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options

Hey!!! I just found it has a pen (stylus) inside....I wonder what that thing is for???

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭

I got a new Galaxy S23 a few months ago. Yea, all of the info just transfers over pretty easy. I got a notice from Verizon that I qualified for a new free phone. Woo hoo, I thought. I called them up and talked with them about it. They charged me $100 tax and said I could pick up my phone the next day at a store near me.

I went the next day and picked it up. Like you I had to order a case, and screen protector. Then I was told my phone plan needed changed to make the phone work better!! My free phone ended up costing me almost $400!!

It is a lot faster than my old phone and I just hope this 5G doesn't give me cancer like I am reading it will!!! :0

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.
  • Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭

When I got my last phone home I laid them on top of each other and left to eat dinner, I came back and found that the old one had transferred all the data to the new one. I didn't have to do anything else to it before putting it in service. One was a Samsung the other was a Motorola.

Joe

• Options

I remember one change that was a total nightmare. It was several years ago. I went in, bought a phone, they attached both phones to some gadget to do the transfer. It didn't get everything moved over.....but who the heck knows what wasn't brought over, all they could tell me was ______ amount of info was not moved. So, I probably lost a lot of pictures in that move. THEN....I noticed all of my contacts were screwy. Everyone that had a phone number, email, and address became three seperate contacts in my phone. If they had a home number and cell...that was now two contacts. I was just sick. The way the phone operated was totally different....nothing was easy and it took me forever to sort things out.

I've been using Google pretty religiously for some time now. It has saved me so much time in the long run. I've got my email set with everyone's addresses and phone numbers and all my devices sinc together so I don't have to really have to do a lot to keep my info current.

I don't let it sinc my Facebook contacts....and I don't combine my Messenger messages with my texts. I'm trying to keep my "business" areas completely seperate from the potential garbage as much as possible. FB does have a lot of important people and I do get business related messages from there, but I do like all of that to stay in it's lane.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,397 ******

One of my sons bought a 4 phone deal with his provider and had an extra phone that he let me have until his youngest was old enough to have one.

Used it for 2 years and gave it back for his son. Another year passed, and I got this deal with Spectrum along with a free Motorola phone. All I did was put in my G-Mail info (that I had with the old phone) into the new one and.........Everything was transferred over!

I was quite happy about that but after some thinking, a little bit frightened as well. These "smart" phones are BIG BROTHERS eyes and ears!

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22

Last year I got my phone unlocked )on Amazon and for $35.00 the girl at Ferndale Tec helped me transfer everything before my old phone died. I have a Motorola g power.... It's ok. Next time I would definitely want a better camera and more memory.

(The stylus is for clumsy fingers to touch small things)

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams