In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Russian terrorist attack, just talked to my wife. She watched some video!

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭

She was so pizzed off. The Russians supposedly caught a couple of the terrorists. Video shows one of the Russian soldiers/cops whipping out his knife cutting off a terrorists ear and screaming at him to eat it.

My wife has been very upset about the Ukrainian fiasco. Her attitude is that civilized people do not start wars in the 21st century. Now this, showing the whole world that Russians are uncivilized animals. Her thoughts not mine.

I said "They pretty much are uncivilized animals, what's your point."

I was waiting for her to start in on me but after about a minutes silence she agreed with me.😁

I am proud to announce that my wife has, by about a month, lived in this country longer than she lived in Russia. She has reached the point she hates everything about Russia. The last 26 years of my life have been wonderful. A good woman sure makes life easier!!

Comments

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin

Yep, that's the US way of doing things. The Russian way neanderthal and cruel? I'm starting not so much with terrorists.......

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited March 24
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

Russia has earned every misfortune happening. to that country.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with the spirit of your sentiment, but still feel for the average citizens that just want to go about their lives.

They have got to get rid of leaders like Putin or they will be condemned to repeat days like yesterday, or far worse, over and over.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭

My wife understands the 2nd Amendment. She has told me, when I start complaining about the commies/lefties want to take over the country, "That will not happen here. Here everyone has guns!"

• Options
    Lucky4597 Lucky4597 Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still..."

Putin "convinces" no one of anything. It's all thuggery.

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭

At this point, the average Russian citizen has been tolerant of murderous dictators for 100 years or so.

There is a great documentary on Netflix called Turning Point, the Bomb and the Cold War.

There are plenty of historic examples of the Russian people saying enough is enough. Their silence in Syria and Ukraine is an endorsement of their government’s behavior.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

I thought funny how the terrorists named themselves to the Russians knowing (or maybe they don't) how off the rails they are. I wonder Russians will invade Afghanistan for part 2? With Russia in play we may get that WW3 while the Chinese sit out until we are all weak and then sweep the leg.