In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus G2C

bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭

Any of you guys have one? Tell me what you think of them.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭

They are not bad, when I was working retail it was a staple we kept in inventory and we sold a good many of them. Its NOT a fancy gun, nothing honed or high end about it….but a general "ok" firearm. Knowing the HUGE number of them that we sold over the years with no real issues makes me feel pretty good about them in general.

Small, easy to find mags, takes a bit of punishment without breaking, easy to take down and clean, lifetime warranty.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭

A Glock clone throw in a hundred bucks and get the real thing.

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭✭

You're early. I thought the Glock guys would chime in around comment #5. 😂

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭

What do I think about it: Its a Taurus.

• Options

I have a G3C. It replaced a hunk of junk Smith Wesson that cost more. The name on the barrel doesn't mean anything at this price point.

The G3C goes bang every time, it eats whatever ammo I put in it, it doesn't fail to feed, fire, extract or eject, and it conceals easily. If the 2C is anything like the 3C, you'll have a nice little sidearm.

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭

I've been carrying a G2C for a few years and NO, it's not really a GLOCK clone. Son has a similar sized GLOCK and there's a big difference in trigger action and felt recoil.

The G2C is fool proof and durable.

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

"The G2C is fool proof and durable."………this. certainly NOT a Glock,; thank god.

• Options
    NotDraconNotDracon Member Posts: 60 ✭✭

I had a G2C once. Keyword "had". For what it costs… well. If you're destitute and need a firearm that isn't a Hi-Point the G2C is serviceable for its price point, and that's pretty much the best thing I can say about it. Reasonable reliability, respectable use of 9mm, decent mag capacity, bullets go more or less where you point it. I probably wouldn't trust my life to it, though. At the prices I usually see it at, it's worth the attempt at least.

• Options

^^Elaborate on just what you were expecting?

I've shot the G2C alongside GLOCK and two other brands of similar sized pistols and seen no real advantage/disadvantage winner.

Granted it's NOT a target pistol and no one would expect such a small handgun to be a high round count range blaster, so what specifically indicates that " I probably wouldn't trust my life to it, though."

I'm neither 'destitute' nor a 'gun snob' so the G2C was chosen for it's serviceability, functionality, and the price was a perk. In my experience, the G2C has never failed to feed, fire, and eject any round tested providing accuracy beyond the capabilities of the general shooting public who would use such a handgun.

• Options

I had a G2C once. Keyword "had". For what it costs… well. If you're destitute and need a firearm

Glad to hear your financial situation has improved. 🙄

Taurus earned their bad reputation way back when. But these days, they make good products that don't cost an arm and a leg.

If you can find one in the local shop, play with the G2C and see how it feels. Because functionally, it will do what it's supposed to do.

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1

I had either a G2C or G3C,cant remember which that had a case rupture and I had brass slivers in my hand and face,just under my shooting glasses.Sent it back for repairs,with the ruptured case.Got it back with a note saying it was fixed,no explanation on what the problem was or how it was repaired.Never shot it again,so maybe it was fixed.

• Options
    NotDraconNotDracon Member Posts: 60 ✭✭

Oh… I seem to have committed some sort of faux pas?

@Mobuck I, um. Actually don't know how to reply to this. Reading my own post back to myself, even I'm now wondering why I wrote "trust my life to it" because I don't even carry when I'm out of the house but I guess what I meant to say there was something along the lines of "if I were in a situation where my personal safety depended on a 9mm pistol's performance, I would probably attempt to obtain something 'better' than a G2C". My initial experience with this gun was poor because I had to take it in for warranty repair on my second magazine during the break in period but later upgraded to "average", so I just have some mild disdain for the gun based on what happened to me.

I actually did attempt to use it to compete in target shooting once and my inexperience with pistols led to me landing dead last, but I was mostly in it for the fun of the contest so it was a good learning experience for me.

@Kevin_L I mean I WAS broke when I wanted to check out a 9mm pistol so I bought a broke person's gun, why the eye roll? There's no denying the G2C is cheap and if my short experience with it is any indicator, it "performs as expected for its price point", which is intended to be read as a neutral statement on the gun.

TL;DR: the G2C is cheap and mine came with reliability issues but once those were sorted I had a pistol which more or less landed rounds on target where you pointed it and I suppose it's a neat novelty for its price point but I am personally not a fan of the gun.

• Options

OK, maybe I was a bit rough. Sorry for that.

IMHO, many of the functional problems with smaller handguns is shooter related. Son and DIL have matched GLOCK 43 pistols. My Daughter has a similar sized Sig. Son has a similar sized pistol but I can't recall the brand. ALL of these little pistols require increased shooter input(stronger & more consistent grip) to function properly.

Compared to these 'higher quality' pistols, the G2C is more tolerant of shooter input resulting in more consistent function in my limited experience. The trigger is a bit strange with it's 'cap gun' feel but after a bit of use, it's not difficult to manage in the context of what a small 9mm SD/CCW pistol is intended.