In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

any of you a Marilyn Monroe Fan

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,588 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 29 in General Discussion

well here is your chance to share space JMHO some people have way to much money

I hate to copy and paste but OMG

Crypt near Marilyn Monroe, Hugh Hefner to be auctioned off, estimated to sell for $400,000

Comments

• Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't she interred on top of JFK in Arlington?

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭

Never understood the attraction to her.

• Options

JMHO

with out all the make up she was average looking nothing special with blond hair and make up it maybe just a bit better as for me I never thought she was attractive

but from what I have read over the years and seen interviews I think a lot of her popularity was generated by Hollywood and why, well because she was well know as the village bike and 24/7 access not my words and since she is dead its a one sided view from the living who knew her

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Those who didn't see Marilyn in the movies starting in the early 50's wouldn't get it. No one else has ever made quite the splash. BTW, her early photos show that she was a natural brunette.

• Options
    edited March 29

I have watch some of her movies over the years

I know she was a ultra sex symbol for her time she w a good at what was neded forher career

I am just saying to me anyway she was not aractive but overthe years taste change at what is considered attractive years ago heavy gals were it ,then twiggy the stick figure and every shape in-between at some point was in fashion

look at May west not exacty a shaply lady and her following she had for being a bad girl

.she was a truly talented gal writing lot of stories and producing directing a lot under fake names up till she passed she stayed in the lime light Interesting gal and smart unlike her public personality

but Hollywood could make or break any actor especially women

The old term casting couch was in full swing i swill wager it stil goes.on today

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

I like her well enough, but not that well enough.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Lucky4597 Lucky4597 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

I don't disagree there were more stunning actresses of that era out there- Grace Kelly, Gene Simmons, Rita Hayworth, Dorothy Malone, (personal fave), and a little later Ann Margaret. That said I would be ok in a world littered w/ones that looked like MM...

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    Lucky4597 Lucky4597 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

Ummm - Jean Simmons - BAH!!

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,397 ******

Well! There's an old saying about crackers in bed. Pretty sure you all have heard it, so……

😁

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited April 1

True they had some wild makeup and costumes'

at the time imagine just seeing anyone walking around like that would be a WTH moment

now not so much

but my younger brother was a big fan of the group thats how I even found about them

But look at the money fame and women who Lined up for the band I think they were considered a glam band one of many such labeled bands wearing make up some more than others

But what ever brings in the money is all thet counts

heck I would have dressed like that for the amount of cash they made lol OK I still would 😁

wow this post really strayed from being burred next to MM

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭

Our friend Albie Pierson (The Littlest Angel and Rookie of the year 1958) said sadly that Marilyn Monroe was nothing but a shell of a person. RIP both of them.

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1

What young boy, in the early 1960's, wasn't an MM fan??😘

Later on in life, I came to realize that between the "casting couch".…failed marriages.....and being passed back and forth between the two Kennedy brothers.....…....I had more pity for her than anything else.

She died way too young.......so be at peace Norma Jeane Baker.😔

• Options
    Kevin_LKevin_L Member Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 🍺 🇺🇲 🍔

• Options
    GTRiemGTRiem Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭

My FIL was a MM fan. Guy collected…hoarded, MM "collectables". When he passed, I cleaned anything that seemed of value out of the house before the guys came and gutted the place so we could sell. On our to-do list is to get this small cargo trailer of MM crap up for sale. Anything MM went into the trailer. Have no idea if any of it has any actual value but hoping someone will buy it once we inventory it and take pics. Books, Playboy mags, dolls, paintings, velvet wall art, blankets, etc, and about a 100 of those Bradford exchange type plates. Probably wont get top dollar for the stuff as he was also a fan of unfiltered camel smokes. Gave everything that nice patina. lol