In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RIP Lou Gossett Jr

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,399 ******

I read that he passed away today at the age of 87. He had a lot of talent and I liked him in about everything I'd seen him in. Had a long life and to my surprise, didn't know he was that old.

RIP Sgt. Emil Foley

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭

RIP

Sorry to hear

I Always enjoyed his work

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭

brooks I know the feeling, celebreties from the past either die or are shown as they are today and the first thing I think is they are old! then it hits me, so am I !!!!

still sad to hear of his passing

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭

I liked him in all his movies but every time I heard his name, I immediately thought of Iron Eagle which was soooo unrealistic but top notch for it's time.

RIP Sir

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭✭

Knew he was getting up there in age as I am past the big 80 also. Enjoyed his talent. Rest in Peace Lou. ——————-Ray

• Options
    Merlinnv12Merlinnv12 Member Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭

I first remember when he played in the movie Roots. He was a great actor then and continued to make many great movies.

“What we’ve got here, is, failure to communicate.”
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,012 ✭✭✭✭

one off my favorite Lou Gossett movies

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,254 ✭✭✭✭

He was great in Officer and a Gentleman. Very believable tough DI.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭

I was just thinking about completing my "Iron Eagle" collection. I was marveling at them having made 4. He was to play Black Bart. A baddie in "The Deep" that Jacqueline Bisset was something in that movie. Then there was "Firewalker" with Chuck Norris. "Enemy Mine" was good, too.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,399 ******

I remember watching "Enemy Mine" way back in the 80's when it came out on video. A couple months ago, one of my brothers gave me a big box full of old VHS movies. There was a copy in the box but I have yet to watch it. About all I can remember is that Gossett played the alien who was pregnant!! 😲 I dare say that it took me a long time to get around that part of his character. Not sure if I ever will.

The original (1st) "Iron Eagle" movie VHS is also in that box. I just might have to dust off my old VCR and have an "80's" night soon!

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭

Brookwood - Just in time for today where delusional folks thinks boys can get pregnant. Come to think of it "Alien Nation" also had males that carried babies but in "Enemy Mine" dude didn't need anyone else to reproduce.