In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cateract surgery

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭✭

Fixed my eye yesterday. How long before a bit of clouly ness goes away? Doc says its normal. Procedure was absolutely painless and I did it withour anesthetic because stupid me ate before I went in and they would not give me anesthetic. Took half hour at most.

Comments

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭

I had mine done about 4 years ago with excellent results. Much like blood draws and I.V's, the anxiety was my only problem. Painless and the anesthetic never put me completely out. It was a weird sensation. If your optometrist recommends it - go for it.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

It took me about 7 days to get to the new normal.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,053 ******

Glad you got it taken care of and are on the mend.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4

Hope you heal up fast modern medicine is amazing sometimes

I had mine done about 4 yrs ago it got to where i would not drive afraid to hurt some one my eyes went fast in just a few weeks to that point

• Options
    Lucky4597 Lucky4597 Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

I had the same experience as Ditch. My cataract came from an eye injury. 6 years later I got up one morning and couldn't read the preview channel w/both eyes open. I shoot lefty and didn't want to switch. I'm a natural righty but my Dad was monocular since he was 14 so I just copied what he did. I got the lens implant and it's about 85% as good as before I hurt the eye and w/glasses I have dialed specifically for shooting I'm pretty hawkeyed.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭

had both done years ago, be sure to USE the eyedrops as recomended, I was better than 20-20 after the surgery/implants. It has been 15+ years and just now am at 20-30 I still don't wear glasses except to read, I need the cheap dollar store readers for arms length in to see clear, from arms length on out don't need glasses, good luck

• Options

Thanks Ikannes thats what I wanted to hear. They dont use drops anymore, inject something that takes the place of the drops

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭

Grouch Attack had both eyes done 5 and 6 weeks back. We spent a very unhappy hour with the surgeon today as he explained that her outcome was basically well below what was promised/suggested prior to surgery. The expectation that she would come out no longer needing glasses turned out to be false. The extra $6K for the lens upgrade was wasted on a false hope and she's not happy.

I didn't say "I told you so" but I was thinking it hard. At this point, what can one say/do? De ja vu of my hip replacement surgery 4 years back—promises and hope that don't play out. I have ZERO trust in the claims made prior to any surgery.

• Options

I was told the lens upgrade was a crapshoot so I didnt get it. I was told I would still need reading glasses.

• Options

I was surprised that after a week I was given approval to shoot trap

• Options
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭

"I was surprised that after a week I was given approval to shoot trap"

I'm surprised that after a week, you could even SEE A CLAY BIRD.

• Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭

Had my cataract surgery about 4 years ago. I opted for the bifocal implants which were an additional out of pocket $6k. Left eye was done first, which turned out very well, then a month later the right. Well after a month I could not see clearly from the right eye. Surgeon had another Lense made and right eye surgery again. Another month went by and I still was very blurry in right eye. Again another lense was made and another surgery, (all this still for the right eye.) After another month, vision was no better. This time a consultation with surgeon, extensive eye test and the determination was made to replace the bifocal with a standard lense. A month later, I finally had good vision, although I could not read with my right eye. After all of this they refunded my $6k, in full.

• Options

Going out today, not sure I can see it either LOL.

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9

I've had cataracts but I prefer Rincolns.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    ROY222ROY222 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I went for the upgrade too and they must have put crow's lens in my eyes. If something is shiny or moving, I can likely see it.

• Options
    edited April 9

I think the weirdest thing about them - or maybe it's because I just have one - in the left eye, is that when in the right lighting people can tell there is something different btw the two, but they can't really explain what that is.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭✭

i have had both eyes done .No longer need glasses except for reading and really fine detail work .Best thing i have done for myself in years

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....