In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

...not much on TV, but....

Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭

…never been skittish/squeamish about real or imagined threats, blood or gore etc….grilled some Ribeye's medium rare mmmmm good...and was fixin' to watch a USFL game, 99% of the TV that I watch is sports…saw a DVR'd movie and thought I'd take a peek…VAMPIRES!…a few dozen took over a small Alaskan town during the month of darkness, so the Vampires had the time for a real feast, no sun, no calvary to save the towns people…LOTS of ripped out throats, decapitations, blood, and worse…never saw Vampires that looked liked these…black eyes, entire mouth full of nasty, dirty, pointed teeth, always opening their bloody mouths and screeching, no talking…Holy Mother of Mary…"30 Days Of Night"…wouldn't want my young grand kids watching this movie.😮….

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭

Think about that movie when you turn out the lights and go to bed tonight!

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭

I have well my wife also love scary movies

With all the computer generated and green /blue screen its amazing what Can be done so much beyond fake blod real dark settings and screaming and fade to black just as the scene hits a high or low spot

Long gone are the movies that allowed your imagination to fill in the action of what was happening

I still watch a lot of old monster and sifye but they have almost become comedies thinking they use to be so scary

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,689 ******

I'll wait for Yoshmaster's review.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,399 ******

All the CGI stuff in movies today gives me a headache! I'll take the old horror left to my imagination any day!

• Options

OK

I did not realize it was a older movie as in several years old

So i Looked it up and watched it

Other than being a bad movie ov we all

and a bit on the limits as to what an old vampire movie conjers up,

they did give / show a lot of unnecessary stuff when it came to the gore parts like they were just showing off the special effects

Yes I agree young kids should not watch but that's why they have ratings .

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭

About 30 years back, I was guiding turkey hunters. This was about the time satellite TV came around and I had a connection so the hunters had entertainment in the slack time. One guy brought his teenaged Son who seemed to spend a lot of late night time watching TV. One morning, we went out in the typical pre-dawn darkness and this boy went totally bonkers. I finally had to take away his flashlight so he didn't bust the gobblers off the roost.

Later I discovered the boy had been watching vampire/werewolf movies and scared himself spitless. 🙄

• Options

When I was just a young kid the night of the living dead movie came out

My family went to the drive in a lot

Ir was Cheap place for our whole family to go and dad always lied about how old we were honest we were could have Been 30 yrs old dad would have said yes all under 12 yrs old LOL to get us in free or 1/2 price

Any way that move had me bit scared

Being southern my dad's family still had wakes for the dead we went back to Tennessee twice for wakes just after that movie

Sleeping in the same house first one for a cousin of my dads named david also was scary for me

the second time i had to sleep in the same room as a dead man

even if it was my grandfather i was on a couch next to the coffin about 6 feet away

Due to the house was filed up with other out of town family Space was limited

To say I was nervous Is a big understatement

I rememer my dad trying to relax me saying it was just a movie nothing like that happens

nothing to be scared of and its your grandfather why would he want to hurt you any way

I know I fell alsep with one eye open

But after that couple times of sharing time with a dead body no mater who they were . I got over my movie induced fears

I Never told this to any one but it's always stuck with me

But I still enjoy horror movies just like all the rest, of the movies just entertaining

• Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭

"The Fly" Always waited for Captain Kirk or Spock to exit the transporter as a half bug.

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭

I'm here.

That movie wasn't bad. Kind a cool idea that the vampires would hit up a small village near the artic circle for 30 days of undisturbed fang-fest. I was hoping the sequel would follow that by hitting up Some Viking land or Russia but L.A. (Dark Days)? If it weren't for Mia Kirsher it's a why bother movie.

If they made this in the "24" sequence I think they got something that would beat "Walking Dead" and it's off shoots dead.